Sign in to follow this  
BillDickson

Ground enviroment pro

I have just installed this program but when the Metar info from flight 1 starts to decode I get the following error:-Multiple-Step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. Can anyone tell me what this meansThanksBill

This has happened to me, too. In my case, I didn't start seeing that message until I'd used the program successfully for months. Then, spontaneously, it stopped appearing.I can report that if you just OK the message box and wait a few seconds, the program continues to load information and you can proceed normally (I start by entering the departure and arrival four letter airport codes, followed by selecting the full route and then OK'ing the installation of the weather textures).Dave

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Thanks.One more questionIs metar and Actve representing real world weather.I am from the UK and cant see any simularities with the weather we are experiancing at the moment.Any commentsBill

I believe that's their claim, although there's a bit of a delay factor (don't recall exactly how much, but not too much). I've found Active Sky to be pretty accurate, at least here in the US. I typically scan the real world weather at a NOAA site (looking for interesting weather at airports for which I have custom scenery installed) and try to find a real world route to go with it. I live about 60 air miles south of the KJFK-KEWR airports, and I usually see similar weather in FS compared to what their stations are reporting and, in the event of big weather systems, what I see outside.Dave

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

I find Active Sky and GEP very accurate. The sequence I use is:1) Start Active Sky2) Load the FS9 flightplan into Active Sky3) Start GEP4) Update metars5) Install flightplan into GEP6) Install textures into FS97) Start FS9I was experiencing the error for a week or so but it does go awayJohn

Hi All,We know this is an error message when the METAR data contains an error from a station or stations. When the data error goes away, the GEP message will go away. Also, please note that you can ignore this error and everything will still work correctly.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Thanks for all the usefull info.Another question:-Does GEP or Active Sky syncronise the time that is shown in FS, in order to get the correct weather for the time of day you are flying. How does FS come up with the randome times that are different for different locations in the virtual world.Please be patient I will probably have more questions re GEP & active SkyThanksBill

Answered in 2 out of 3 places. Enough already Bill.Joe