Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Taming MSFS Real Weather + Wilco 733

Has anyone else turned on MSFS' real wx and used the Wilco 733 to make a flight in stiff winds? I've done 3 flights over the course of the last month where the tail winds were 81mph+ (Specifically today KCLT->KBOS mimicking US Airways flight 1800), causing the 733 to roll over hard and create a "bank angle" warning. Is it me, or does MSFS wx have a tendency to over exaggerate the wx conditions instead of a gradual effect?Will AS6+ help curb this problem by representing weather more consistently, or is this just normal and something I have to deal with?

AS6.5 and fsuipc together go a long way towards taking care of the problem of sudden wind shifts, but you still will get strong winds in the fall and winter. I've encountered headwinds of over 125 miles an hour when going west in the winter time - that's why it's called the 'jet' stream!DJ

>AS6.5 and fsuipc together go a long way towards taking care>of the problem of sudden wind shifts, but you still will get>strong winds in the fall and winter. I've encountered>headwinds of over 125 miles an hour when going west in the>winter time - that's why it's called the 'jet' stream!>>DJRight... I can handle stiff winds with major AP corrections, but rolling completely over is a bit much. I've never experienced anything like that in real life. (I do about 85% travel with my current job)

FS will create 'crazy' wind changes as the weather model does not correctly capture aircraft movement through an airmass with changing direction and/or strength.i use the payware FSUIPC that allows for smoothing/slowing of wind speed/direction and pressure changes in FS9.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I have AS6.5 and there is a setting to control how many seconds it takes for a complete wind change. The disadvantage seem to be a dulling of variable winds simulation toward the surface.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

How current is your FSUIPC version? I had the same problem with the Wilco 733 and using AS6.5. Turns out it was because my FSUIPC was an old version.Might try that.

>How current is your FSUIPC version? I had the same problem>with the Wilco 733 and using AS6.5. Turns out it was because>my FSUIPC was an old version.>>Might try that.It's been so long since that FSUIPC issue, I'd forgotten about it.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Its a shame that the default FS9 live weather does have that very strange wind effect that sort of lurches you around the sky,because although I use good old ASky there are occasions where I would just like to use the FS9 live weather download as it is much quicker to download and get going on a flight if I am in a hurry.However the LURCH means I just can't use it.ASky gives a much better weather look,but it can sometimes be tad slow downloading processing etccheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Given the amount of time I spend on the ground before nearly all flights, I've found AS to take less time to load than I do to plan.For the MidCon flights, it takes me a good 30 minutes with X Pax and the 737PIC to get ready for push. And most of my other flights are through FS Economy, so I'm trying to deal with the loads in the small GA craft that they give me.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

>Given the amount of time I spend on the ground before nearly>all flights, I've found AS to take less time to load than I do>to plan.>For the MidCon flights, it takes me a good 30 minutes with X>Pax and the 737PIC to get ready for push. And most of my other>flights are through FS Economy, so I'm trying to deal with the>loads in the small GA craft that they give me.>>---------------------------------------------------------------->John Morgan>Real World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private>ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.>>Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401>>"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of>ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on>whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and>touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and>felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by>Richard BachHelloYes fair point.I have all my flt plans in fsnav saved and each flt I take I set up as cold and dark with correct fuel etc.(admittedly I have no fancy FMCs to program)and then save that as well so getting airborne is fairly quick process for me.The fact that AV6 can be a little slow sometimes downloading and processing is a VERY minor point with me as i do use it 99% of the time,but there occasions when it would be nice to use the default weather.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077