Sign in to follow this  
Guest F15Driver

Business Jets/CRJ--anyone???

Guest F15Driver

Does anyone know if there's anything on the horizon regarding a complex (FMS/FMC) biz jet? I've got Wilco/Feelthere Citation X--which is ok but really curious why know one has developed a Gulfstream V or 550?Also, CRJ? Haven't seen anything since Wilco CRJ which was released 4 years ago.ThanksF15Driver

Gulfstream forbids development of their aircraft for FS.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Dassault Falcon also forbids any development of their aircraft, unless you have a specific auhtorization from them.Regarding the Digital Aviation CRJ, I think it will never exist...Eric

Nothing yet. As already mentioned, DA were working on a CRJ-200 a while back, but I agree with Eric that it doesn't seem very likely that it will ever materialize. The FT/Wilco CRJ is pretty much as good as it gets.It's a terrible pity that a more comprehensive CRJ hasn't been released as of yet, it's a very popular aircaft family and a mainstay of regional fleets all over the world.

As I am the developer of the good old Wilco CRJ, I would like to have your opnion:Would you be happy if I could release an update of the CRJ 2004 as a panel only?You would be able to use this new panel with the old Wilco CRJ, with the POSKY CRJ or with the standard CRJ that comes with FSX. This panel would have all the necessary features that you can expect from the products released these days.Any feedback is welcome.Eric

Guest DanWalloch

I new panel would be great as that is the only real issue with the Wilco CRJ series.

Eric, are you sure? Why did they permit the Falcon 50 to be developed?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I don't know... The only possible explanation is that they don't know it exists, or maybe they don't care because it is freeware. But I am sure it is illegal.I know this because I met 2 communication managers at Dassault (including 1 from Dassault Falcon) and they confirmed that nobody is allowed to release a Dassault product for FS without Dassault's authorization. A friend of mine also showed him that an Abacus product was including a Rafale aircraft. This is illegal, but they didn't seem to care much.So if you want to release a Dassault aircraft (civil or military), you do it at your own risk...Eric

Hi.Re Biz Jets.Well, as much as I like the Wilco/Feelthere CRJ, which I still use extensively along with their Citation X, I would like something a little different now.A Shame that Gulf stream do not like anyone doing anything with their a/c for FS! seems somewhat strange to me.You would have thought that they would take it as a compliment.Anyway, I sent out a few emails a while ago about this aircraft http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-680-...ev_id=&next_id= and was told that the guy's from a certain FS add-on maker has got this in the pipe-works for sometime in the future.Not too far I hope, I saw a couple of these lately at BHX, and they are very nice, but they are also quite deceiving too as they are a lot bigger "in the flesh" so to speak that what they look like in any pictures.

"they are also quite deceiving too as they are a lot bigger "in the flesh" so to speak that what they look like in any pictures."The same is true for our Citaion XLS. These type of aircraft are really large on the ramp compared to any photos we've seen.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Nealoc187

what are the real problems with the Wilco CRJ? I've never used it - so I don't know what it's shortcomings are? Is the FMS/FMC realistically modeled? Autopilot functionality? Avionics functionality? Systems simulation? Flight Dynamics? just has an "old look" to it?I'd really like a quality regional jet because I agree with the OP, 6, 8, 10 hour cruises don't really appeal to me. That's one of the reasons that my most frequently used payware passenger aircrafts are the F1 ATR and the Maddog2006. I like half hour to 2 hour flights because for me the excitement is in departure, climb, arrival, approach and landing, not in cruise.

I didn't think about it carefully, but if I develop a new panel for the CRJ, I will try to have:- Nicer 2D graphics (panel background, switches, buttons...)- Nicer EFIS using GDI+ instead of the old GDI (which was good at that time for performance, but not as nice as GDI+)- Improved Flight Management System, using the FeelThere navigation database (continuously updated by Navigraph)- Implement some missing features in the autopilot and the FMC- Improve the FADEC system on the CRJ-700 and -900But I think the gloabl experience would be similar as the one you have now with the CRJ 2004. I think the flight dynamics and the 3D model would not be updated, which is why we would release a panel only.Eric

Guest F15Driver

EricUpgrading the current Wilco/Feelthere CRJ would be a start--I've married the Posky CRJ 200/900 with Skydeck CRJ panel and it's ok but lacks the FMC (which is critical especially if you're operating in the VATSIM environment).Skydecks link: http://www.sky-decks.com/sd-html_015.htmNow that I think about it, your (wilco/feelthere) ERJ panel is pretty close to the CRJ..and also close to Gulfstream V (4 glass MFDs) and very clean.Not sure I understand the Dassault or Gulfstream legal argument--if there is one--I might understand a livery or brand argument--but manfacturer? Would that same logic apply to Boeing, Airbus, Embraer?F15Driver

Indeed, the ERJ is quite close from the CRJ and the Gulfstream, and it is quite nice, even if I didn't work on it :-)Please don't ask me to explain the Dassault policy. The only thing I know is that you are not supposed to use their name, brand and models, that's it...I don't know about the other manufacturers, but from a legal point of view, they could forbid any FS add-on using their name.Eric