Sign in to follow this  
Guest gotairbus

Voicepack for the Airbus A380

Guest gotairbus

I'm not too sure whether this has been posted before, anyhoo, here goes:Does anyone know whether someone has released an ATC voiceover of the A-three-eighty? Have googled my wit out of myself and searched but I came out empty handed.Have I not been searching the right places? ;-)Thanks, and regardsgotAirbus?ft-cr9awx.jpg

Guest gotairbus

Thanks. finally got the EditVoicePack and had a whole lotta hassle trying to get it to work on my Win Vista :(Anyways, that's taken care of.Looking at the list of installed "voices", I see Boeings, the Airbuses, the new B787, A350 etc, but no A380 though?Tried updating but all the update window does is state that "one or more voicepack modifications are available. Please press the "Install Update" and it just disappears when I click update.Plus, i think the official website is down, so that might be a small problem there.Confused....

Guest lgvpilot1

okay I,ve just had a look a my version of edit voice pack.As i may have said earlier I really dont recall going out of my way to find the a380 type id.You said in your post that when you click on update (start run click on edit voice pack ,click file, update voicepack) nothing happens.I just tried it with mine , the first window you select Phraseology ICAO,below that regional callsigns and airports then when i click on ok it starts to install 72350 wav files!!Have you got net framework installed on your pc ?, Im fairly sure you need it to run this software and secondly have a look in C:programe filesbevelstone productioneditvoicepack to see if the voicepack data file is there.Mark

Guest gotairbus

Hey there. Sorry for the long absence there :)Anyways, I have the .NET framework installed already and that got EditVoicepack to run. Also, EV says the "a380" voice already exists when I try to make one.Well, what's my problem? Well, my Airbus A380 aircraft's "aircraft.cfg" file has a problem. The line which reads "atc_model=A380" has been placed wrongly...it should've been placed under [General]Now I know why FS2004 does not know my aircraft type and keeps on identifying my A380 as eg. "flight 200 is type Airbus, climbing...", "caution the Airbus on the taxiway..." :DA little bit of troubleshooting went a long way.gAB