Sign in to follow this  
Guest java_wu2000

Need help on FS2004 + PMDG747, ILS 07R approach @VHHH

Guest java_wu2000

I don't know what happen.......I've intercepted the ILS LOC and captured the GS......everything were normal (Land3)............but when the aircraft reach 500ft.......it suddenly out of control.....it made a sharp left turn and crash............what happen with my auto-land?airspeed around 164 with flaps 25 (by FMC)thanks a lot

Hi,I could imagine a few reasons each of one you may want to investigate separately.1. did you have a thorough look at the leg page of the FMC. Was there any discontinuity you may have forgotten to delete after having picked up the star and ILS approach for O7L?2. Did you fly with extreme weather conditions?3. Was there any configuration message appearing on the EICAS screen? 4. Is it possible that the spoilers were deployed during final approach?4. were the three Auto pilots engaged at the time of the incident? if not what was your heading and altitude on the MCDU. My point is that if the autopilots were disengaged and heding as well as altitude were set incorrectly it may have caused the situation you picture.As you can see there are a number of possible causes for incidents of this kind. However the most likely is the number 1). a discontinuity in the FMC Leg page.Hope this help.Best regards

>As you can see there are a number of possible causes for incidents >of this kind. However the most likely is the number 1). a >discontinuity in the FMC Leg page.That's on the contrary the unlikeliest of causes. As soon as the Autopilot has captured localiser and glideslope, it doesn't matter what the legs in the FMS say because the automated system is following the radio signals from the antennas at the runway and not the input from the FMS.I suspect it was a wake turbulence effect generated by a weather add-on programm like Active Sky.

Hi,I do not pretend to be an expert in the PMDG FMC programing but it seems to me that if the route flown includes a STAR, a VOR DME ILS path for 07R and possibly a missed approach pattern the aircraft systems will follow the FMC unless VNAV and LNAV have been disconnected. Therefore one should check for discontinuities in the leg pages of the FMC.Having said that I also mentioned as a possible cause extreme weather conditions whether generated by Active sky or other programs injecting wheather in FS9.Best regards

I've run into something similar, weather-wise. I say weather-wise because I always fly with real wx.I have the PMDG 737 series and the LDS767 that I run with Active Sky.Several times I have been on approach and at a certain altitude, the nose swings left or right pretty severely, my guess is weather-vaning into the wind. This has happened at McCarran months ago with the LDS767. These occrences are few and far between. If I hazily recall, there might be a FSUIPC setting one can check off to minimize the surface wind change effect but I do not remember the thread I saw it on. I did see it here.A quick suggestion is to record the winds on approach and again when this happens. (Shift Z will show the winds at the top of the screen).HTH,Jim

Guest Nealoc187

edit: just read the above link and it seems that is certainly your issue.but if you ever lose control at any other airports...Do you have activesky and in it do you have wake turbulence turned on? If so, this could be the cause. I have had random AP disconnects in my high end payware aircraft (I don't fly anything but those anymore, so I haven't tested this in other aircraft). Someone suggested to me that it could be an Activesky wake turbulence effect, I deactivated wake turbulence, and haven't had it happen since. worth a try.

Definitely Activesky wake turbulence.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU