Sign in to follow this  
fsbiggles

Speedbrakes on the new F-86 Sabre.

Guest dodger

Hi, Well i have only just got the F86 and i don't know what button you are using for the speed brakes but you can use forward slash on the keyboard/ the throttle popup in the 2D panel or the lever next to the throttle on the port side in the VC, May i strongly suggest you go to their site and download the Reference pages it will help you with all the instuments etc. This is a really detailed model and it will take some time to fly it as it should be flown, Cheers.

I experienced the same operation as you described. Use the slider switch on the left top side of the control stick to open and close the speed brake. You can access the stick by clicking on the "Throttle Console" icon (invisible until you place your cursor over it) next to the "Radio Call 12796" message.

Let me correct my terminology by saying I meant "Throttle Grip" instead of "Control Stick". It is shown in the diagram on Pg. 13 of the Flight Manual.

Hi Hasse,The FS9 key assignments come with the '/' as default for extending/retracting spoilers/speedbrakes. Did you try that already ? ( you say you have assigned a key for the spoilers/speedbrakes yourselve... ) I use this default '/' to work the Sabre's speedbrakes without any problems. It is important to use only ONE method of working with the speedbrakes ( f.i. not opening them with a key and than closing them with either the knob on the throttle stick in the 2D panel or the VC throttle stick ). You might also have noticed that the speedbrakes knob on the throttle stick in the 2D panel pop-up works differently compared to that on the throttle stick in the VC.Just as a test, try working with the speedbrakes with the 2D panel throttle pop-up ONLY. Make sure you have the Gear/Flaps/Speedbrakes condition read-out show in the top left corner of the screen ( click on the left side of the red 'Emergency Escape Instructions' placard if you do not see it ) Click once on the 'Out' text underneath the speedbrakes knob to open the speedbrakes and then *twice* on the 'In' text above the speedbrakes knob to close them again. Does that work for you ?....Cheers,Jan

Jan

Edit: I tested the Sabre on a clean FS9 installation on another computer and have the same problem./Hasse.

Hi all.Can't anyone please tell us how to stop this happening.Thanks.

Hey guys, sorry for late reply. Here's what Hansi, our XML programmer has to say about the speedbrakes : Generally, you must have the speed brake switch on the throttle stick atHOLD (NEUTRAL), before you can use the '/'-key. Reason is, that (assumingenough hydraulic pressure is available) the throttle speed brake switch overrules the '/'-key and the speed brake emergency lever. With the switch not at HOLD, the hydraulic valve is open and the speed brakes will follow the direction given by the switch position (IN or OUT).However, if the switch is at HOLD, and the speed brakes show such an odd behaviour when hitting '/', I don't want to exclude the possibility that it can be a bug in the code too. Such things can vary with update rates which may be different on other computers.___________________________________If you keep having problems with speedbrakes hold i'll see if i can get Hansi to join in here to help finding a solution. You will also be more than welcome at our forum to further discuss the problem of course. ( www.sectionf8.com ) Cheers,Jan

Jan

Guest Hansi

Hi fsbiggles,please check your email...