Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Captainsim release update 2.1 for FS9 757.

Just a messenger here...The 757 Captain (-200, -300, Freighter) upgraded version 2.1 for FS9 is available and includes the following new features, fixes and enhancements:I included the download instructions below and of course I waited until my downloads were complete to tell everyone else ;)Systems: Custom VOR1/VOR2 IRS connection to ADI and HSI Optimized Animations Control 2D Trottle Quadrant panel EICAS Messages fix ADF switches synchronization Overhead 2D3D L-R Packs synchronization CAUTION/WARNIG sounds fix 2D Video light fix Turb Hydr Press animation fix Taxi Light switch fix Startup PACK CONTROL fix Radar and EFIS panels night fix Wing anti ice switch fix No power no lights fix Anti collision switch fix VOR/OBS fix RDMI DME fix Gen Drive Disc fix Fuel Flow fix Overhead simicon fix Tooltips fix VC IAS fix VC MACH fix GPWS lights/sounds fix 2D Panels titles fix 2D Panels shift+(number) call fix 2D overhead panel graphics fix Center Tank fix Metric ADI RA fix AutoBrake System fix Brakes message fix FS flightplan import fix 50 feet callout fix Green arrow on HSI fix APU intake animation fix No VC models fix TAT fix Undock 2D panel fix WXR compatibility fix Start menu icon fix VC: HDG Sel Knob fix FMS: VNAV fixes and updates Aircraft selection fix HSI Path fixes and updates HOLD fix TP Holds (Hold one circle, Hold until alt, Hold until manual) TP procedure turns support IAP support Wind Data support HSI STEP RDMI fix Sound and voice: Seatbelt sound fix No smoking sound fix RA approach callouts fix A/T disconnect sound fix Bank angle warning sound fix Altitude alert sound fix Crew Messages Player Panel Do I need the 2.1? 1. Check-in to Your Profile. 2. In Your Profile click: Product (757 Captain for FS9 family) > Extended Download Service and download the 2.1 products to any folder on your computer. 3. Uninstall everything you have installed from the 757 Captain family (all blocks, -300, -Freighter, ACE, Sound) from your computer. (Start> Programs> Captain Sim> 757 Captain> ). 4. Install* the downloaded files on your computer in the following order: - Pro Pack (csp752_2100.exe) - 757-300 (csa753_2100.exe) or 757 Freighter (csa754_2100.exe) 6. Restart your computer. * - The 2.1 will overwrite previously installed freeware liveries and/or other modifications of the original product. Prior to uninstall the product please backup all data added to the original product.Enjoy,PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193797.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Man I had to do the end around to get the patch (and don't have it yet until they process my ticket).I bought block B back a couple years when it was on sale for $9.99 and was one of the suckers who got block F. Now they want me to fill out a ticket if you got the 757 in block format like I did....Would it not be easier for them to just do this already and make it available for those who fall into the situation I'm in (many users I'm sure) instead of doing them ONE BY ONE?!?!?Rant off....How is the new CS757? It has sat in the hanger the way it was (broken). I hope it is at least flyable. It's not that big a loss if it is not because I can always fly the LVD767 (almost darn perfect I might add).Sorry to sound so negitive but everything CS does seems to be arsed backwards......fingers crossed on some good input about the update.

Ha ha, I understand, no updates on the update from me yet, I am about 90 minutes out from EGLL right now doing KEWR-EGLL BAW184 on the LVL-D 767 right now. I agree she is almost darn perfect!Going to install the updates as soon as I hit the ground...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Well here goes for an update on the update. To be fair they have made an improvement and corrected a lot of things as per the list above, BUT.......... and to me its a big but, the flight dynamics have totally been porked. Before the update she was very stable on take off and approach, now though its a car crash. The autopilot will overshoot by atleast 1000ft on alt acquire on take off (this being a reduced thrust take off too) and on approach the autopilot keeps searching by about + and - 200ft a min on the VSI to maintain the slected altitude, then when the flaps are lowered the VSI increases causing the aircraft to climb just before GS capture. I can remember the old bugs it had in V2.0 but to be fair I could put up with those because she flew ok, now though im just gutted I didnt keep the old configs of V2.0 to try and do a jig with them to get the new updates this V2.1 has to offer with the old flight dynamincs of V2.0, hey ho, c'est la vie! To sum it up, the Robin 200 i fly in real life is more stable in a crosswind at Leeds than this 757 is!!Rich

Hey Rich, I am making a full backup of all the 2.0 cfg's now but I fear whatever we try to put back in from 2.0 will break 2.1 and CS have already released they are now done with FS9...Too bad really...Just loaded her up and one of my biggest pet peaves is still there, no way to shut off the lights in the VC :( -PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Could you send the V2.0 configs ( airfile and aircraft config file ) over to me so i can have a play about, i think i have an idea about what could be done to rectify the problems, if you cant i understand, my email is bigtallman@aol.comThanks Rich

Will do in a little bit. For the rest, what a joke...The FDE is FUBAR. In VNAV it is going straight past target altitudes then diving or climbing to compensate, missing target speeds etc...On descent in VS and SPD set to 183 it clamped my throttles to idle and was about to put me into a stall when I disconnected AT and flew the rest of the descent and approach manually.Upon LOC capture it sent me 180 degrees in the wrong direction despite CRS set to 322 and ILS set to 110.90/322Lighting in VC is still always onThere are still no seatbelt or no smoking sounds in the airopening the cargo door triggers and Alarm and warning everytimeand this was a quick 30 minute hop LOL...So sad, I was pretty excited they made a pretty girl flyable but she is still the dumbest girl at the dance :(Hope that others don't have the same experience as me, maybe I did something wrong...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I've completed a quick circuit at SEA, and I havn't seen any of the instabilities that have so far been reported. The autopilot acquired the altitude with no problems. It did tend to dip up and down slightly during turns (only by about 100ft, and this is a problem I see with a lot of addons, not just CS).There were no problems intercepting the ILS (both LOC and GS were very smooth) and no problems with the autothrottle not adhering to the speed commanded.Haven't used the FMC yet, so can't comment on LNAV or VNAV.

Set the FMC up correctly and then try it with LNAV and VNAV, thats when it goes to pot! I know the 757 is a beast when it comes to engine power, most of the pilots I know say its totally overpowered and its normally always a de-rated takeoff but this thing just doesnt capture any altitude in VNAV during take off like it used to before this updateRich

OK, just ran with VNAV and LNAV and see what you mean! I was pretty light, so derated to 69C. I set up some altitude restrictions in the FMC to test it out. First restriction was at 3000, and VNAV busted through by about 150ft. Then there were a few 1000 step-ups, and it handled these fine. Finally another 2000ft step, and it busted through by 250ft. This was due to the plane having the climb at about 7000fpm to try and maintain 250kts (and that was with engine power set to CLB 2!).So no major major busts, but it did go through.LNAV was a bit more of a problem. It seems to go to the next waypoint with at least 2.5nm to go to the current one, and so although it followed the SID out of KSEA roughly, it was by no means precise:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193832.jpgIt would seem like there needs to be a little more tinkering to get this up to standard, so it may well remain in the hangar for me. We'll see what Captain Sim do, although their statement that this SP would be their last release for FS9, I won't be holding my breath.

"We'll see what Captain Sim do, although theirstatement that this SP would be their last release for FS9, Iwon't be holding my breath."You basically said it....this is all its ever gonna' be, they will never I repeat NEVER make any attempt to fix any remaining bugs on the FS9 757. They've put it behind them, they do not care what anyone complains about when they say they were supposed to fix all these bugs. Do you think they care if they actually broke the FDE with the last patch? (Hehe we ALL know better).Don't believe me? Just ask the 707, 727 and C-130 (FS9) owners still waiting for all the promised fixes for those aircraft. Most (if not all) of the posts CS made boasting how they were going to fix all those planes have long since been deleted.Now they will focus on the B-52. Never mind they still have to produce the rest of the FSX 727 (going on well over a year now). But hey, its not shiny and new anymore, so they could care less.Anyone willing to bet they release the shell for the B-52, (one maybe 2 varients), imply the rest of the plane is "just around the corner" and then move on to another shell? Sigh, it only took them almost 3 years to complete something they implied was going to be finished 3 months after they released the shell...Months...Years...CS doesn't seem to know the difference. :-lolMust be that language barrier. :-rollRegards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Did you know some poor deluded soul claimed the CS757 was better than the LDS767?regards,Mark :-xxrotflmao

Regards,

Mark

Tell you what, it is a shame though its turned out like this because you cant deny that the visual appearance of the CS757 is awesome and dare I say it that she does look better panel and VC wise than the LDS 767, BUT, dont get me wrong the LDS767 is an astounding package and always will be period, the definitive all rounder!Rich

Indeed, no one can contest CS' 3d modeling and artistic prowess - if their proraming skill/commitment and customer service were as deep they'd be at the top of the heap.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark