Sign in to follow this  
glennc

Princess Juliana TNCM....AFCAD OK, but planes land else

Hi gang,Just installed the great TNCM scenery and AFCAD, as well as caribils.bgl (included with the AFCAD file). After trying 2 or 3 different AFCAD files, I found one that has the aircraft taxiing and taking off on the lines. However, they land in the water behind the terminal, taxi across the harbour then park (ironically) in the proper spots.Has anyone found a solution to this or a working combination of FACAD and BGL? I'd like to try an approach here but fear the consequences of "amphibious" landing instructions in my 737.Cheers,Glenn (CYQG)

Guest JDH

Only reason I can think of is that the amended AFCAD has only altered the parking slots but left the runway in the default position. I don't know what the scenery does in terms of positioning the airport.

I was working the same angle. I'll try the other AFCAD's again and see what happens.Thanks for the reply,Glenn (CYQG)

The kicker here, FWIW is that the AFCAD included with the caribils.bgl has aircraft taxiing all over instead of on the taxi lines, and take-offs from next to the runway. I found an improved AFCAD that aircraft follow the taxi lines, and pasted the ILS info from the first into this improved AFCAD. Voila! All's right in the world. Planes land on the numbers.Hopefully this helps someone else out there.Cheers,Glenn (CYQG)