Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Posky 777-200

Gentlemen,I'm looking into the 777 made by Posky.It looks amazing, the reports are full of praise and I would like to have one in my hangar.But is there anybody who can explain to me in plain English what I need to download and how I should install it.I am by no means a newby but browsing through their files made my skin crawl. I have to much time invested in my Fs-9 setup to mess it up by trying to install this aircraft by trial and error.And I don't feel like being called names by the authors or the administrators of their forum to seek my answers there.All help appreciatedLuc BrusselmansBelgium

Guest belga1

Hello,Here ... at Avsim (in the repaints or original aircrafts) this is a bunch of Posky 777-200 with the model and air file included.You will be happy to go on the Posky downloads pages for get the VC if needed :)Or tell the Posky team about your problems in their forum .......Cheers.

>Gentlemen,>>I'm looking into the 777 made by Posky.>It looks amazing, the reports are full of praise and I would>like to have one in my hangar.>But is there anybody who can explain to me in plain English>what I need to download and how I should install it.>>I am by no means a newby but browsing through their files made>my skin crawl. I have to much time invested in my Fs-9 setup>to mess it up by trying to install this aircraft by trial and>error.>And I don't feel like being called names by the authors or the>administrators of their forum to seek my answers there.>>All help appreciated>>Luc Brusselmans>BelgiumHelloPosky can be a bit confusing sometimes.I always seem to have problems installing there updated service packs,fdes,models etc BUT! If you want a trouble free Posky 777 Download this one available here at Avsim......Filename: opensky_boeing_777-200er.zipLicense: FreewareAdded: 26th October 2008Downloads: 653Author: Denis Minaev | Project OpenskySize: 11607kbNot only is this a beautiful livery,(even in DXT3)but it also comes with there new pushback vehicle so no fiddling with service packs etc

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest ThrottleUp

Actually its not as bad as it looks! The file names can make your head spin but give it some time you can have it sorted and beleive me its worth it! A great visual model and a fantastic looking VC!I have to much time invested in my Fs-9 setupto mess it up by trying to install this aircraft by trial and error. Installing this plane cannot put your installation at risk. All you are doing is putting folders into fs9/aircraft and then into the Effects folder.Besides - you have a full backup of your FS9 installation right? :)The best way to go about it and to make things easy is to rename your current aircraft folder to something else (eg:"aircraft.main") and then create a new Aircraft folder. Use *this* to install the 777s into. Once you have them all installed load them up and test them and if they all check out - cut-paste them into your main folder, delete the new one and rename your old back to Aircraft. This way FS9 will only load your new 777 folder letting you concentrate on them. Dont forget to copy-paste the default Cessna 172 into the new aircraft folder you create!Also a suggestion when you download the files from Posky - download the lot at once. When you have them all on your hard drive create three folders: 777 GE, 777 PW, 777 RR and drag the relevant files into those folders. Now deal with them one engine-type at a time. For example start with the GE-powered 777s. Install a single GE90 repaint, apply the latest .air & model files and then sort out the VC. Test it in the sim. If it works add all the GE90-repaints you want. Test them then move on to Pratt & Whitney etc... Makes things easy and organized! Remember to apply the updates and read their knowledge base on their forum...*everything* you need to know is on there..VC installation instructions etc.

Guest lgvpilot1

LucAs previous posters have already stated it is not a hard aircraft to put together if you just have a good read of the faq's and knowledge base .That said I do understand why you would not be too keen to post in their forums.Do you have a particular model and Livery in mind?If you are still unsure what to do then post back and let us know ,Im more than willing,as im sure many others would be, to put the aircraft of your choice together and email it to you if you would like.Mark

I absolutely agree - this plane and its VC are superb and is well worth the effort of getting the VC to work properly - I only fly this plane from the VC now. Let us know what assistance you need. Good advice above about creating an entirely new folder in 'Aircraft' for the new installation of this plane - that's what I did. ;)

Luc,you are absolutely right with all you are saying.First of all this is one superb plane!Secondly POSKY planes are definitely the most complicated ones to download (especially when you do it the first time). I have downloaded hundreds of planes and other add ones with ease, but always when it comes to download a POSKY plane, things are getting compliceted. Sometimes I think, POSKY does this on purpose, so that the "customer" appreciates even more what he/she gets. ;-)Cheers, Wolfgang

Guest ThrottleUp

Yes a great freeware plane for us "lite" heavy-wannabes hee hee :) Here is a screenshot of how I have organized the Posky 777 folders. As you can see there are different folders for each of the primary engine types and sub-types. This is because the .air & .cfg files of these are different to reflect the differing weights, engine thrust etc. http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p416/Ka...0-31_184302.pngEach of the variants has been aliased to its own panel but you dont HAVE to do this. I have done it for convenience & wingview purposes. Also the different icons help the eye when adding repaints etc.Keep an eye on the names of the .airs they will tell you the engine sub-type! Examples:---------------------------------------------Boeing 777-200ER General Electric 90-85B.air777-200ER-PW4090.airBoeing 777-200ER Rolls Royce-Trent 892.air---------------------------------------------Of course this is the fussy nerdy way to do it :( The simple way would be to just have 3 folders 777-200GE, 777-200PW, 777-200RR and keep them all like that. Whatever takes your fancy! Hope this assists you and yes we are always here to help so let us know how you are doing :)

Guys,I have read some usefull ideas in your answers.Being rather hasty in things, I have tried to put together one livery of one enginetype. So far I haven't had the opportunity to test it but since tomorrow is saturday, I guess I have some flying to do.What puzzles me most is indeed the naming of the files and the organisation of those files across the download page.In fact, it took me quite some time to figure out that there is no such thing as a basemodel. No, every livery is considered a basemodel (distinguished by engine and livery)All other files are updates to fde, panel,...I have installed easier planes but, as some of you write, it is worth the hassle.Well, I will let you know tomorrow.thanks for the assistanceand happy landingsLuc BrusselmansBelgium

Guest ThrottleUp

Luc this should give some encouragement - a screenshot of the Posky 777 VC at night :):http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p416/Ka...g/777-200VC.jpgAnd you are correct there is no "base model" as such. You begin by downloading one of the repaints, noting its engine-type and then adding more repaints to it. So for a GE powered model your folders would look like this:Boeing 777-200 GE Posky <---main folder for GE model-texture.a <---repaints-texture.b-texture.cetc.The other method is to give each repaint its own folder but this is inefficient and clunky IMO.