Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Looking for a good freeware mesh around anchorage

Guest ThrottleUp

I am not aware of mesh that only concentrates on a small area like what you are looking for - perhaps another member will know? It would look odd I would think because in a small circle around Anchorage you would have the superior add-on mesh and abruptly outside would be the ugly default!I would strongly suggest downloading an all-Alaska freeware terrain mesh like this one:http://tinyurl.com/57grsa

It's kind of tough to fill that request I think. I have seen a small terrain area around Anchorage, but I think it was limited to a single airport (Ted Stevens) and that immediate vicinity.You could make your own from USGS data, or you could purchase the FSGenesis package for that area and install one of the smaller chunks manually (the manual installers are broken down into manageable bits), but from the way you worded things you are probably looking for a smaller chunk then they are setup for.

I know you mentioned you were looking for Freeware, but may I recommend FSGenesis Terrain Mesh anyways?Right now, you can pick up coverage for the entire world on 6 DVD's for $40 USD. That is a steal whe you price things out seperately. It also includes free shipping and free US Landclass. You spoke of just Alaska, but if you don't have much else in the way of terrain mesh, $40 for everywhere might suit you well. Justin's work as FSGenesis is top knotch. I don't know how that guy does all this terrain stuff alone and manages to crank out such high quality for such low prices. In all honesty, he should probably be charging more for his products. I can't imagine how much work goes into creating all that FSGenesis stuff and I can't imagine FS without FSGenesis.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3