Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Captain Sim 757 version 2.1?

How is the 757 from CS now that 2.1 is out? Is it worth the buy now? Thanks.

Eric 

I was going to get the "free" update,but I'm not eligible since I don't have block F.I'm not going to spend any more money on CS stuff right now since I'm tired of their piecemeal approach to releasing aircraft.I guess I'll wait for the Level D version.Ron

Ron Service

My apologies for going off on a tangent, but who in their right mind charges people for each piece of a package? Between CaptainSim and Ariane (Ariane being FAR worse) I just have to shake my head. I was really interested in the CS757 too until I learned about all these different Blocks and whatnot.When you look at the FS economy (and I think the FS fanbase is probably large enough to almost have it's own economy), one has to wonder who comes up with these sales ideas.Are some FS marketing groups just stuck on stupid?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>My apologies for going off on a tangent, but who in their>right mind charges people for each piece of a package? Between>CaptainSim and Ariane (Ariane being FAR worse) I think CaptainSim figured it out since they've stopped. Yes, if you purchased previous blocks you still need to buy Block F to get the FMS but if you're a new customers, there is only one product "Pro Line" which includes everything. I bought the 757 for FS9 about two weeks ago. I few about 15 hours in it. It had/has a few issues but all were manageable, in my opinion. I just installed 2.1 and haven't had a chance to give it a good test.Bob

Bob- Pls report back if/when you can on the 2.1 update. thanks.

Eric 

>>My apologies for going off on a tangent, but who in their>>right mind charges people for each piece of a package?>Between>>CaptainSim and Ariane (Ariane being FAR worse) >>I think CaptainSim figured it out since they've stopped. Yes,>if you purchased previous blocks you still need to buy Block F>to get the FMS but if you're a new customers, there is only>one product "Pro Line" which includes everything. >>I bought the 757 for FS9 about two weeks ago. I few about 15>hours in it. It had/has a few issues but all were manageable,>in my opinion. I just installed 2.1 and haven't had a chance>to give it a good test.>>BobThat is good to hear. I might have to check it out. Thanks, Bob.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

In a word NO!!!http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...53118&mode=fullThis AC is visually absolutely beautiful but the guts are beyond a joke.LNAV/VNAV is completely busted, even worse in 2.1 She will overshoot target altitudes and then compensate with a 5-600 foot dive to correct. She busts right through speed constraints. She burns fuel from ALL tanks at the same time!!! Are you kidding me CS??? Since when does a 757 burn from the wings at the same time as the center resulting in landing with the center tank still full??? Fuel burn numbers do not appear to be have corrected but I need to do a few long hauls to really test.Night lighting in the VC is a nightmare. Try flying at night without being able to dim the lights...VNAV climbs of 6k+ feetSTILL no sounds for no smoking and seat belts once airborne. On the bright side you don't get a warning sound anymore.Sid/Star is pretty lacking. Try landing in LSZH with NO STAR options...oh btw, this is all in a one hour flight. IMHO, 2.1 broke more than it fixed. Visually she is a princess but under the makeup she is the ugly stepsister!!!And BTW, CS have already said they are done and these were the last "fixes" we would see for FS9.Hope that helps your decision,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

50 bucks later only to find a CTD when trying to go direct to a fix via the FMC in LNAV mode and a fuel system that is so fubar'ed up that I almost threw a blood vessel last night. Forget it, PSS for all its quirks will remain my sole 757 aircraft...

Eric 

Yeah,I have tried for hours to make this thing flyable under LNAV/VNAV but it is a lost cause. Anyone know how to give the CS757 the guts of the PSS757? Otherwise, I too will revert back to the PSS 757 exclusively...Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

>My apologies for going off on a tangent, but who in their>right mind charges people for each piece of a package? Between>CaptainSim and Ariane (Ariane being FAR worse) I just have to>shake my head. I was really interested in the CS757 too until>I learned about all these different Blocks and whatnot.>>When you look at the FS economy (and I think the FS fanbase is>probably large enough to almost have it's own economy), one>has to wonder who comes up with these sales ideas.>>Are some FS marketing groups just stuck on stupid?Well the history is that way back when the 757 was all the rage, 2 devs were saying they were making a 757. PSS was the closest to getting it done, LevelD was way out there.CS, on the other hand, was making a 767, or so they said. They produced some stunning previews of the 767 exterior, saying it would surpass the LevelD version (laughable of course). But as usual, the exterior model did look good.Wanting to beat PSS to market, some lame-brain over at CS decided it would be a great idea to lie to the community and say that, poof, they were developing a 757 now...and the 767 literally vanished overnight.They got a model put together pretty fast, then showed some preliminary FMS shots telling everyone they were just about done with it. However, if you want to get the great exterior and VC to fly around while you wait, we're more than happy to sell it you, knowing that the rest of the plane is only 3 MONTHS away, max. Well, that was a lie, CS knew it, and we all know that now. They just wanted to steal sales away from PSS by locking in all those hapless customers who fell for the deception. They had 1/2 a plane and most likely were not going to invest in another 757.The next 3 years or so they continued with lie after lie about the progress, if they even bothered to tell anyone at all. They released a few other planes in the mean time, including a shuttle, 727, C-130, etc.So, that was the reason, to trump PSS to the initial sale, make some money by promising something they knew they were lying about, and to make everyone think they were the premier development group.Here is another lie:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193966.jpgI about rolled out of my chair laughing when I saw this! :-lol Yeah CS...yet another promise I'm sure you'll break. Watch this message disappear off their forums when they release the B-52. ;-)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hello,well, I made the step and bought the latest version they sell right now, for FS9.1It has NONE of the problems discribed here. Well, I did not checked the VC so much, 'cause I normaly do not use it. But the FMC is realy good, doing same job as PSS, PMDG, LevelD did and VNAV and LNAV is right on the dot! Well, when you do not use the pax/cargo-loader right (I use ACLoader here like I use it for EVERY other AC) and when you do not enter the right parameters into the FMC, you will get problems with LNAV and VNAV for sure!_______________________Regards, Torben HadlerBeta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4http://www.fsflightdeck.com/acloader.htmlT-A-H MultiMedia Productions Torben Hadler - http://www.t-a-h.com || t-a-h@t-a-h.comHardware: CPU: AMD 64 X2 Socket 939 3600 @ x2 2Ghz | MoBo: MSI K8N Neo2 64 | RAM: 2048MB 400MHz DDR | NVIDIA GF7600 | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 5.1Ch | CH-YOKE + Peddals; Primary: 17" Belinea TFT * Secondary: Philips 150S4 TFT 15" || Software: Display Resolution used: 1280x1024 in WinXP and FS9.1 | WinXP Pro SP1b (German Version); DX9c | FS9.1 pro (German Versions) - all sliders maxed about 85-95% | ever latest FSUIPC licenced | ASv6 | Alert!! pro | UT 2004 | RC4.x | FSBuild 2 | ACLoader 4.x and much more...

Hey Torben,Always up for a good respectable debate...Since you are the only one with a perfect plane, please tell me the following settings you tested with:Flight PlanAltitudeZFWFOBCG%SID/STAR that the plane followed so well....Screenshot of your plane following LNAV/VNAV making a turn and not missing it by miles... (please refute the screenshot above which clearly shows the issue)Oh and finally, why don't you fill your tanks and tell me which ones empty first, wings or center tank...And for that matter tell me how you only go through 6k pounds of fuel from EGLL-LSZH...The guts of this plane are so far off it is not even funny. I am very sorry but to say this plane has no issues is an absolute joke to the FS community and will only lead to more PO'd simmers. Let's be totally honest here. The only thing this bird has perfect is the model, she is a beauty to look at but a beast to fly...Look, I really wanted CS to pull through on this one, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and gave them my money and they gave me a Porsche 911 RS4 body with a 1.3 Ford motor under the hood and tried to tell me it is still a Porsche... Cheers,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Installed the 2.1 version a couple of weeks ago. Nice add-on except for one problem. Unable to use the VOR for navigation. No TO-FROM indications on the HSI.CDI remains centered and does not move. Makes it a little difficult when trying to do a hold or intercepting a VOR radial. Looking at the fixes for the 2.1 update there was a fix for the VOR/OBS. Don't know what was fixed but it doesn't work for me.

I would strongly advise against the Captain Sim 757 either for FS9 or FSX. There is a serious CTD bug when using the FMC as you normally would (when making changes to the active flightplan such as a crossing restriction or changing the arrival approach). They have been saying they would fix this problem for months, but it's beginning to sound like lip service.The plane is great and a pleasure to fly otherwise, but what's the point if the FMC doesn't work?

Well, the Russian economy is crashing, with a devaluation of the ruble expected imminently. Undoubtably that means that our friends at Captain Sim will be pushing whatever half-completed work they have laying around out the door as Block 1 of the New and Amazing But-Never-to-be-Completed Legendary Next Project very soon now.1. Caveat emptor2. Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.3. There's one born every minute.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case