Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Captain Sim 757 version 2.1?

>Well, the Russian economy is crashing, with a devaluation of>the ruble expected imminently. Undoubtably that means that>our friends at Captain Sim will be pushing whatever>half-completed work they have laying around out the door as>Block 1 of the New and Amazing But-Never-to-be-Completed>Legendary Next Project very soon now.>>1. Caveat emptor>2. Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat>it.>3. There's one born every minute.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>Colonel, USAF (ret)>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Colorado Springs, CO>Are you sure the Russian economy is involved more than the American here? What if the CS's owner is a canadian citizen with a few programmers in Ukrain? Undoubtably you, Colonel, are 'pushing whatever' but missing the target. If so, you're weak. ;)

>Are you sure the Russian economy is involved more than the>American here? Yes, I am.http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...X5M8&refer=home>What if the CS's owner is a canadian citizen with a few >programmers in Ukrain?I'd suggest to him that he be careful and not get deported from Canada back to Ukraine like a programmer. :-DLike I said, "those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it." Lots of history here, and never-completed projects and unfulfilled promises are CaptainSim's unhappy trademark. And that, my weak friend, is right on target.Bob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>>Are you sure the Russian economy is involved more than the>>American here? >>Yes, I am.>>http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...X5M8&refer=home>>>What if the CS's owner is a canadian citizen with a few >>programmers in Ukrain?>>I'd suggest to him that he be careful and not get deported>from Canada back to Ukraine like a programmer. ;)>>Like I said, "those who do not remember history are doomed to>repeat it." Lots of history here, and never-completed>projects and unfulfilled promises are CaptainSim's unhappy>trademark. >>And that, my weak friend, is right on target.>>Bob Scott>Colonel, USAF (ret)>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Colorado Springs, COThere's no connection with the russian economy -was all I told you there. They CS is not a russian company nor they belong to a russian owner. You miss, and you're weak again, Colonel. ;) Yeh, and how about version 2.1? Did you play it? I was thinking to buy CS's B757, but instead now I'm thinking about russian economy (which, I see, is not too much left to think about).

Guest mikealpha

>>Are you sure the Russian economy is involved more than the>>American here? > Yes, I am.I'm always wondering about that "big" country specific statements, given the "Microkosmos" of a small FS Addon developer.I think there are really enough examples of unfinished, abandoned or at-least-six-patches-needing products out there made anywhere on this planet. Doesn't justify pointing the finger on any country, although that for some seems always popular.Mike

No connection of what with the russian economy?I sarcastically quipped that the russian economy is headed for the sewer, so it must be coming time for the Captain Sim team to push out another deplorable half-completed product. It is their business model, after all."You miss and you're weak again"?? Well, gee, I guess I should be happy you didn't call me a "dodo-head." That stuff used to bother me back when I was in the third grade. ;-)Bob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>No connection of what with the russian economy?>>I sarcastically quipped that the russian economy is headed for>the sewer, so it must be coming time for the Captain Sim team>to push out another deplorable half-completed product. It is>their business model, after all.>Colonel, CS team is not from russia, nor do they belong to a russian owner, do you get it? There's no logical connection to Russia, unless you're 'pushing whatever'. We'll go sentence by sentence from here, with all due respect to your regalia. :)PS: and you're weak again. ;)

>I'm always wondering about that "big" country specific>statements, given the "Microkosmos" of a small FS Addon>developer.>>I think there are really enough examples of unfinished,>abandoned or at-least-six-patches-needing products out there>made anywhere on this planet. Doesn't justify pointing the>finger on any country, although that for some seems always>popular.>>Mike I remember back in the 727 release when CS told customers complaining about the shoddy release on their forums that they were former russian military and know how to deal with traitors. And it has gone downhill from there.My sarcastic suggestion that economic troubles in russia might be the trigger to cause CaptainSim to rear its ugly head with another rotten half-baked release, does not "point fingers" at all other russian developers or even at russia. It points to CS, where the problem is.Very few devs have had quite so long a string of unfinished, abandoned, and many-patches-needed products as CS. And no others that I know of have openly threatened their customers like a bunch of ignorant immigrant cossack goons that just got off the plane from Kiev.CheerioBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

>Colonel, CS team is not from russia, nor do they belong to a>russian owner, do you get it? There's no logical connection to>Russia, unless you're 'pushing whatever'. We'll go sentence by>sentence from here, with all due respect to your regalia. :)Well, they seem to like advertising their russian roots on their site. Those pictures of the guys sure look like they're wearing Soviet AF uniforms, too.http://www.captainsim.com/company/about.htmlAnd a quote from that page:"Based in Canada, Russia and Ukraine, Captain Sim's staff comprises some 11 people including..."Or how 'bout this little lovefest...in Moscow??http://www.captainsim.com/press/pdf/Spring2004_PRs.pdfNo connection to russia, huh?Bob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

>My sarcastic suggestion that economic troubles in russia might>be the trigger to cause CaptainSim to rear its ugly head with>another rotten half-baked release, does not "point fingers" at>all other russian developers or even at russia. It points to>CS, where the problem is.>>Very few devs have had quite so long a string of unfinished,>abandoned, and many-patches-needed products as CS. And no>others that I know of have openly threatened their customers>like a bunch of ignorant immigrant cossack goons that just got>off the plane from Kiev.>>Cheerio>Can the politico-geographical confusion be a national trait? Cossacs, tumbling economy in russia and a plane from Kiev with "a bunch of ignorant immigrant goons" (quoted from the removed part of the post above) is one big mess, init? What if I start quipping about the Colonel Ret(-arded)? ;)

>Can the politico-geographical confusion be a national trait?>Cossacs, tumbling economy in russia and a plane from Kiev with>ignorant immigrant goons is one big mess, init? There are cossacks with origins in ukraine and in modern-day russia. Ever hear of the Dnieper cossacks? And CS staff come from, as their web site says, canada, russia, and ukraine. Kiev is in Ukraine, not far from Chernobyl. No geo-political confusion here. When a dev posts that "we are former russian military, and we know how to deal with traitors" as a response to customer complaints about a poor product release...that is acting like an ignorant goon.You also got it wrong about CS having russian ties. Quip all you want. But you're still wrong.Bob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

>There are cossacks with origins in ukraine and in modern-day>russia. Ever hear of the Dnieper cossacks? Lol, Dnieper cossacks in Russia? It's a miss again, Sir! Very much characteristic. What you know 'bout it? Confusion never stops. I guess it's just getting too late on your side of the pond. Good night. ;)Don Cossack Dirk.

>>There are cossacks with origins in ukraine and in>modern-day>>russia. Ever hear of the Dnieper cossacks? >>Lol, Dnieper cossacks in Russia? It's a miss again, Sir! Very>much characteristic. What you know 'bout it? Confusion never>stops. I guess it's just getting too late on your side of the>pond. Good night. ;)>>Don Cossack Dirk.Nope. Read what I wrote...I didn't say they're from russia. I said there are hosts from both. Dnieper cossacks have origins in ukraine. Zhaporizhia. Don cossacks are from ukraine, too. They're apparently the ones that can't read very well. ;-)

> Don cossacks are from>ukraine, too. They're apparently the ones that can't read>very well. ;-)>Geezus Christ, Colonel!!! You wrong again. Apparently you're the one that can't write a single post without confusing everything.Seriously, it's a pitty they haven't delivered a good B757. I'm not buying it.

Is anyone able to use the VOR for navigation in 2.1 because I can't. When in the VOR HSI Mode no TO-From indications are present. Apparently it worked in the 2.0 version but when the 2.1 was released it is now unusable. I submitted a question to Capt Sim yesterday asking what exactly was fixed with reference to the VOR/OBS fix but only got a canned response.

Bob,If the company is not from Canada, then it is from Ukraine - andUkraine is not Russia!CheersWolfgang