Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hifirob

Problem with VTBS

Guest Hifirob

I need some help with the new Bangkok scenery - I've gone through the forums and have tried some of the fixes, but still got probs! Anyway, tow major things - one is the old problem of planes sinking - on the whole I have no problems, but some times on landing and also on pushback my plane sinks - AI has no problems that I can see - I ahve tried the flattening code, and installing and re-installing.2nd problem is my AI is landing about half a mile short - looks a bit silly! Cna anyone help, pleaseThanksRob

>I need some help with the new Bangkok scenery - I've gone>through the forums and have tried some of the fixes, but still>got probs! Anyway, tow major things - one is the old problem>of planes sinking - on the whole I have no problems, but some>times on landing and also on pushback my plane sinks - AI has>no problems that I can see - I ahve tried the flattening code,>and installing and re-installing.>2nd problem is my AI is landing about half a mile short ->looks a bit silly! Cna anyone help, please>>Thanks>>RobIt might be helpful if you would tell us which "new" Bangkok scenery you are having problems with.An exact filename and where you got it would allow someone here to try it and see if we experience the same issues.

Guest Hifirob

Yeah - stupid of me! Thanks - it's the VTBS2006 scenery from Siam Avsim - seems to be the best one out there - I got it from thier site!ThanksRob

>Yeah - stupid of me! Thanks - it's the VTBS2006 scenery from>Siam Avsim - seems to be the best one out there - I got it>from thier site!>>Thanks>>RobEither I got the wrong site or ???? but I could not find it.Would you post a proper link please?

Never mind - I finally saw the English option on the site - there is even a brief translation on the registration page so I was able to "register" and then get the file.Just installed it - but so far have not been able to duplicate your problems. The install worked fine - no flatten needed as far as I can tell.Will try it again tomorrow and see if anything crops up.Later.

Guest Hifirob

Reading some of the other posts, it doesnt affect everyone - not sure why that is - it's great scenery though! Good luck!

>Reading some of the other posts, it doesnt affect everyone ->not sure why that is - it's great scenery though! Good luck!I explored the airport once again this morning and did not experience any problems such as you described.Is it possible you have any of Jan Martin's Jetway's and Terminal packages installed? Packages 8, 9 11 and 12 all contained VTBS airports (afcads) and it might be that you have one of his afcads active on your system.If you have not done so already, I would scan for any duplicate afcads for the airport. Note: such an afcad may not have VTBS as a part of the name so use a utility such as this:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Searchto search for potential duplicates.This possibility was also suggested on the forum where I found the download.I cannot think of any other reason the scenery is problematic for you.Good luck.

Guest Hifirob

I'll give that a go - thanks for the advice!Rob