Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Runtime error R6025 near KSNA - help!

For some reason I get the message "C:.......Flight Simulator 9/ fs9.exe - Runtime error R6025 - Pure virtual function call" every time I start a flight from KSNA, following which I have to exit fs9. This seems to happen a few miles north of KSNA in the Anaheim area, but if I start a flight at any other airport in that region there is no problem (only from KSNA). I have Shez's KSNA installed with the available service pack, etc but it still happens. Uninstalling KSNA doesn't make any difference - I still get the message a few miles north of KSNA if I start the flight there. Flew from KSNA south to the Mexico (Tijuana) today, however and it didn't happen! Am stumped and it is annoying me, because, although fs9 is otherwise working like a dream, I think, like a lot of flight simmers, I hate to be beaten by something like this and I can't ignore until I solve it! Help please!Thank you - Bill

Hmmmm.... 14 views but no replies! This has obviously stumped more than me! Have tried everything that has been suggested after searching Avsim and FlightSim forums including installing (and uninstalling) the 3altfix file to correct the airport elevation for Shez Ansari's KSNA but to no avail. I know it is a trivial problem but I love flying in this area, so ...help!

Hi scianoir.You need to give more info to these guys in order to get help. System, OS what mode, Full Screen, Windows, add ons etc.I am assuming that you have XP, Full Screen, some terrain / mesh add ons. You can try to disable some of your Scenery files in the area, one at the time, and see if you can pinpoint it. If you run in Full Screen try Windowed mode and see if the same, by the way if you Vista 64 you have an 80% chance of not being able to run in Window mode, another one of the brilliant MS guys benefits of Vista and their own code not being compatible. If you run a fire wall try to disable it, look for Zero file lengths in your FS9 directory etc. Post here if no luck. TV

Many thanks for replying TV. Have listed my system specs below. Windows or full screen mode do not seem to make any difference. Have a lot of scenery addons in SoCal in addition to Megascenery, so I will try disabling some of the nearby ones and see if that makes any difference and, if not, will try your various other suggestions. I decided not to go to Vista, when buying a new computer, having experienced it on two notebooks we use here, and as I was planning to stick with fs9 for the moment as I have a huge amount of addons and despite taking up a whopping 180GB of hard drive space, it runs really well. Will probably wait for fsXI before changing!!Windows XP Pro SP2Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPUArctic Cool 7 ProASUS P5N-E-SLI MOtherboard2GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive650W (2 x 12V) PSU1000GB Western Digital external Hard Drive150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive

Many thanks for replying TV. Have listed my system specs below. Windows or full screen mode do not seem to make any difference. Have a lot of scenery addons in SoCal in addition to Megascenery, so I will try disabling some of the nearby ones and see if that makes any difference and, if not, will try your various other suggestions. I decided not to go to Vista, when buying a new computer, having experienced it on two notebooks we use here, and as I was planning to stick with fs9 for the moment as I have a huge amount of addons and despite taking up a whopping 180GB of hard drive space, it runs really well. Will probably wait for fsXI before changing!!Windows XP Pro SP2Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPUArctic Cool 7 ProASUS P5N-E-SLI MOtherboard2GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive650W (2 x 12V) PSU1000GB Western Digital external Hard Drive150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive
Just to bring this old post to a conclusion, I discovered the problem resulted from a file installed by Flight Deck 5 - disabled FD5 and all was back to normal!

Thanks for the update. It really helps when someone lets us know what worked.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.