Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Where is list of aircraft stored?

After a bit of a computer glitch, FS2004 no longer lists a recently installed CRJ, although the aircraft files are all there in the FS2004 folder.Could one of the fs2004 config files be the problem, and if so, which one?--Bryn

Guest ThrottleUp

Check to see if the aircraft.cfg file of the CRJ is intact. Small errors present in here can prevent a plane being shown in the sim. For example check the sequence of repaint numbering (fltsim.0, fltsim.1 etc) and also stuff like texture=, sim=I would suggest reinstalling the plane in question from the original downloaded file or from any backups you have made.

Unfortunately I have also lost a number of other recently installed aircraft, again with their basic files intact in the Aircraft folder.I'm pretty sure that a config file somewhere got rewritten and I would like to track it down.--Bryn

>Unfortunately I have also lost a number of other recently>installed aircraft, again with their basic files intact in the>Aircraft folder.>>I'm pretty sure that a config file somewhere got rewritten and>I would like to track it down.>>-->BrynYou can always try the old trick of allowing FS2004 to rebuild your FS9.cfg file. I have no idea if it will solve your problem or not but stranger things have happened.Just rename your current FS9.cfg file as FS9.cfg.bak and then start FS2004. A new cfg file will be created with all the original default settings. It may be worth a try.Hope this helps.

Closer inspection shows the CRJ config files are indeed damaged or missing (I have no idea how this came to happen :( ) so I'll try a reinstall. Thanks for the comments.--Bryn