Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Windowed - Fullscreen switching problems

Hi folks,I've recently reinstalled my FS machine (took bl**dy ages) and I thought that I had it all sorted out but there are a couple of oddities...When I try to switch from fullscreen to windowed mode the screen goes black for several seconds. 50% of the time it then recovers but many times it just remains black and I have to kill the FS9.exe process... I have also had this happen when maximising the windowed view. Also, I now find that the FPS in fullscreen is significantly lower than in windowed mode. This was not the case before, indeed if was usually the other way around.The machine is exactly the same (specifications below in sig) and the software installed is also pretty much unchanged: XP SP3, latext Directx 9, FS9 (plus patch) and a bunch of freshly installed add-ons (which were all there before). Obviously this looks like a GFX issue so I checked with the CAT 8.4 drivers that I'd been using previously and the problem was still present. I'm now using CAT 8.10.Another suspect was the fact that I've applied the "3GB switch" (because it works for me) but removing this also had little effect!The problem is not aircraft specific, the HDD has been carefully defragmented using O&O.Anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong? Perhaps some tweak or other thing I've missed when reinstalling...Geoff

Guest neslesman

I the fs9.cfg file there is a lineFULL_SCREEN=0If your says 1 try changing to a 0, or vice versa if it's a 1.Backup before you do that of course but nothing bad will happen, it's easy to change back.

Thanks, but isn't that just a "switch" to determine which mode FS9 will start in? It will happily start in either mode but the problem is when I try to switch after starting...Geoff