Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

Freeware Mesh vs. Default Airport Elevation

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,I want to install some freeware mesh sceneries.What about the airport terrain? The default FS Mesh is not as exact as the freeware ones so the elevation for example of Innsbruck Airport is higher than in the freeware one. What happens with such airports when the terrain elevation of the new mesh is lower than the default airports elevation? Thanks for answers

Guest XQ-NUE

Any ideas? Because I want to download them today. Thanks

You'll get an airport raised above surrounding terrain - it's common with third party mesh.DJ

>Hi,>>I want to install some freeware mesh sceneries.>>What about the airport terrain? The default FS Mesh is not as>exact as the freeware ones so the elevation for example of>Innsbruck Airport is higher than in the freeware one. What>happens with such airports when the terrain elevation of the>new mesh is lower than the default airports elevation? >>Thanks for answers>>My experience has been that the elevations of FS2004 airports are reasonably correct when compared to the charts.Some terrain enhancements which change the surrounding elevation will thus cause the airport in question to be a little "sunken" when compared to the surrounding terrain or slightly elevated on a plateau.Those descrepancies can be adjusted to "match" the terrain using some special utilities, but then you are left with an airport whose elevation is incorrect.It it a "catch-22" situation at best, in my opinion.Hope this helps.

It should also be noted that the mesh slider will also make a difference. If you push the slider right to 38m or more, the transition between local mesh elevation and airport elevation is more abrupt. In the end it's a trade-off you have to make. scott s..

Guest XQ-NUE

A Mesh Slider in FS9?How is it called and where to find?