Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardGilbertSharpe

Irish Flight Sim Design (IFSD) Scenery Wanted

Hello All: As a Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 user, I have discovered that the Irish Flight Sim Design (IFSD) Group Project Team has ceased operations. I'm sure that at least some of you out there were perhaps familiar with it. Their homepage was located at: http://www.ifsd.ie I was wondering if anyone at all out there could send me a copy of the IFSD Main Installer Version 1.1 scenery file (IFSD111Full.exe), if they have it on hand, perhaps either through an e-mail attachment or providing me with a temporary URL link for me download it myself from. I have misplaced mine recently and would simply like a replacement. My e-mail address is richarpes@aol.com. Thank you very much indeed in advance for you help. Sincerely, Richard Sharpe

Hi Richard,I have this scenery so I'm sure somewhere amongst all my burnt CDs I'll have one of the installers and any updates.I'll get the files to you later today probably.Pity they stopped their design. One of my regular hops is EGCC-EIDW.In the meantime you might want to edit your address to make it less obvious as an email address. Spammers often scour forums looking for them. Replace @ with an underscore either side of 'at'.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Richard,I've located the 1.11Full and the 1.12 update files. I'll send them to your email address in the next 15 minutes. I've zipped them into a 30Mb file. I hope your ISP can cope.If you don't see my email check your spam folder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Richard,It's taking an eternity to send this file via Outlook. I'll leave it running overnight. Hopefully you'll have it by tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Your server probably will not allow such a large file via e-mail.If so, try this free service:https://www.yousendit.comI use it all the time to transfer large files and it works like a charm.Hope this is helpful.

Thanks David. I've shut down my main PCs but I'll try this tomorrow once Richard replies.Do they allow executables zipped up?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes indeed - in fact all I ever send is zipped files.The way it works is very simple - you provide the e-mail address of who you want your file(s) to go to, then you upload the file(s) to the YouSendIt server.They immediately send an e-mail to the person with a link to download whatever you have sent. Your file(s) are kept on their server for 7 days (or 100 downloads) after which they are deleted.They also send you a copy of the e-mail with the link just in case the person does not receive it - so you can forward it to them.A really useful service when you need to transfer files which are too large to transmit via an e-mail attachment.There are several such services but I have had nothing but excellent results with this one.

Hello Ray:How are you? I was glad to hear that you actually had those Irish Flight Sim Design (IFSD) scenery files on hand. I have just signed up for the free You Send It lite plan account, as per David "Opa" Marshall's recommendation. You can now do whatever you have to do at your end to begin the file transfer process. I've never used this service or anything like it before. I apparently should receive a delivery notification e-mail from You Send It once you have uploaded the files to the service. Then I simply log on to the service and download the files to my PC. Very good! Many thanks to you and David also for helping me out. Sincerely,Richard Sharpe

Hi Clarke,Yes, those are the ones. Well spotted sir! I did google the filenames but didn't find that link.Richard, no need for me to upload them now but the upload service is a useful one to know about.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest jlm

Guys, does this have any implications for the EIDW scenery in development ? - I recall they were at an advanced stage and had posted some great screen shots on this site and on aerosoft aswell. They were hoping to have it completed over this summer'08. I have been unable to find any new on this since.jlm

If the website is down I guess they have ceased operations. I was at a flight sim show in Birmingham, England on Saturday and the Irish Pilot Club didn't think there would be any more development by them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest jlm

that's a shame then if we won't see a decent EIDW.I don't understand I've seen so many airports released over the last year it's unreal, the UK is being covered by payware, as is germany, spain, portugal, France, scaninavia, the list goes on, but nobody wants to do Dublin, I can't imagine why the lack of interest. It's not like 10 or 15 years ago you when you would only see the national airline and a couple of foreign aircraft from time to time at dublin - it's jammed now with traffic from all over the world, fantastic to see, perfect for scenery developers.jlm

They aren't the first to end like this and they won't be the last.It is strange how commercial scenery designers have ignored Dublin. I suppose it's all down to how many boces they can shift and maybe everyone has decided there isn't sufficient demand.All the more reason to stay with FS9 and enjoy the IFSD free contribution. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello all,Just a hint for scenery search, make sure you check out the virtual airlines sites of the country in question. I have found remarquable sceneries (freeware) unavailable in the library this way.I agree with you about the lack of a quality payware EIDW, I feel the same way about a AES Istanbul. (although there are excellent freeware versions)