Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

It would be nice to have more High Quality Panels...

Guest abent

Just MHO...Every day the AVSIM library delivers us a host of new remarkable aircraft and repaints - specifically a few very recent releases. Some of these aircraft surpass payware quality - again, IMHO. For fear of missing anyone who generously contributes their aircraft and repaints to this hobby, I will refrain from mentioning any actual developers.If someone or some group could develop panels of the quality of some of the payware releases (D********t ;) ), we could blend these new aircraft with similar quality panels complete with fully functioning systems and FMC's. Naturally, this assumes that the aircraft developers were in agreement. I, personally, am willing to pay a very reasonable sum to get my mitts on some panels that are of the same quality as these aircraft releases. I also like to make donations occasionally to development groups and individuals.I am speaking from a complete lack of technical knowledge and suspect that creating a fully functioning panel is a phenomonal amount of work. I truly respect and appreciate the people who do make a/c panels. I do use a number of freeware panels and thank the authors heartily for their creations.Adam

Given the complexity that is involved, and the long lead times, I rather think that we've had it with high quality panels (other than those that are knowen to be `in production`) until after FSACOF comes out. No developer (freeware or payware) will want to put hundreds of man hours into something that may only have a shelf life of weeks or that might require serious re-working to make it suitable for the new FS. ChasW

If you find panels near to your liking, even swapping among models, consider getting FSPanel Studio. (If you do, download the latest upgrade - it's not super large and fixes a few things.)This way you can in a WYSIWYG environment take any gauges in your system (GAUGES folder) and place and scale them onto the panel of your choice. The guages should be fs2k2 aircraft compatible.As an example, this is the way I installed for testing the sample XP-Reality Garmin 530 without using their default panel installer after copying the panel folder in question and modifying the name to provide a backup.This way you can easily download guages, not just panels, from the appropriate library.www.fspanelstudio.com. I've used it almost from the beginning of using fs2k2 and it has provided a great deal of satisfaction. A good panel encourages a good flight.

Guest abent

That's very interesting ronzie. Thanks. I'll have a look into this.Adam