Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

FSNavigator Database Rebuild Always Hangs at LLBG

Any idea why the FSNavigator Database Rebuild utility would consistently hang and freeze when it reaches the Ben Gurion scenery listing? I'm using LLBG by David Rosenfeld, and sometimes it does move on but most of the time I have to deactivate it before rebuilding the database or else finally kill it in the Windows Task Manager.As always, thanks for your help.

Can't help you, but I had the same problem. I just deactivated it for the purposes of building the FSNav database. Several other add-ons had this effect (particularly some old Simflyers sceneries), and as far as I know there was no solution other than deactivation.

Graeme Butler

The times the database builder hangs for me is when the airport in question has an overlay afcad such as would be used for special AI flights like Helicopters or Ultra-lites or vehicles etc. If there is no such additional afcad (or afcads) the database builder has always worked properly for me.Temporarily disabling the airport or airports in question allows it to complete the process - at least for me.Hope this is helpful.

Hi Chuck,I had exactly the same problem so reluctantly I uninstalled the Ben Gurion scenery. I guess the author may have used a design process FSNav couldn't cope with.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi, Ray.It's only recently been doing this and if I deselect Ben Gurion, recompile the database, REselect it, and then recompile yet again it will often work, so I'm going to keep it installed for now. My FSNav planning, apprioaches, et al in the region have all been fine so no harm no foul (for now). I'm glad it's not just my install. though -- I'm just a little paranoid about the day I'll have to close out FSNav for good!

I've been using FSNav in conjunction with a huge FS9 for many years now and have more or less got used to this problem sometimes unexpectedly turning up, even on airport sceneries that were OK before. The problem is definitely intermittend and I've never been able to find any direct causes. However, when the FSNav DBC program runs it will only overwrite the two data base files "Scenery.000" and "Scenery.001" when it has ended successfully which means that when it does hang somewhere no damage is caused to the existing DB.My solutions were one of the following:1. Delete the two files "Scenery.000" and "Scenery.001" but keep them safe in your recycle bin for a possible restore later. Run the DBC program again. Quite often it will now end correctly without a hang.2. Cut the AF2_XXXX.bgl from the offending airport scenery and paste it in another active scenery file. I have a separate active scenery file on the highest library priority level containing such "problem" AF2 files and also those AF2s which caused e.g. double ILS approaches for the same runways. Run the DBC program again.3. Deselect the offending airport concerned in the DBC list before actually running it.FSNav is not perfect but almost !!Good luckHans

Hi Chuck,Strange how sometimes it will work and other times not. If you have Lee Swordy's AFCAD program it might be worth checking the relevant AFCAD file for errors.If FS can process the file correctly then FSNav should but maybe something fancy has been done to it as David suggests.FSNav has paid for itself many times over and is in the same league as FSUIPC - unbeatable!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>>FSNav has paid for itself many times over and is in the same >>league as FSUIPC - unbeatable!You can say that again, Ray! Unbeathable, and now . . . irreplaceable. ;( Thanks for your help, guys! Sounds like I'm doing everything I can, and not causing any known harm.

It will be hard to ever convert to any other version of FS unless FSNav can work too.JimCYWG

Isn't that the truth! In my brief excursion to FSX FSNAV was something I really, really, missed.Regards,Jure

Sorry to re-open this. All of a sudden my FSNavDBC stalls at Addon Airports. I was surprised to see Addon Airports in the list as all the individual Addon Airports are listed too. I checked with another PC which also runs FS9 and it is the same. Is this correct or should I uncheck Addon Airports on the DBC list?ThanksJohn

Supporter.png

John