Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

AI Traffic Sound

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure I'll order it this afternoon.

Well, I had a question about the download link on their website -- you have to download it here at AVSIM or FlightSim, and my email was answered within an hour. That's good news.One myth disspelles!to come . . .

Well, just sitting at 14R at O'Hare with engines off and AI at 90%. That's all I've had time to do so far, and I will report that: it doesn't suck! MUCH more realistic than that silent world I was flying in earlier today. I'll fly a full blow circuit or two with all my addons running tomorrow night and report back, but so far, it's fairly cool.And my ActiveRadar seems to work just fine with it -- just fine indeed, but we'll see. I also have to try it while running ProFlight Emulator, FSPassengers, and Flight Deck Companion at the same time. That should be an interesting test of the robustness of the program!More to come.

ChuckDid you read my reply to your earlier comment above?Just like with RC, PFE will not work properly either due to the change FSHotSFX makes to FSUIPC.ini file.If you can live with the fact your radio chatter is defunct, good for you!

In this thread there is reference to another thread and I was one of the posters there. I was made aware of another email adress to get in contact with the developer and was happy that it worked. However, after that I haven't been able to get any new keys and haven't used the program for a long time. It sure is a real pity because it is indeed a wonderful program, especially if you like me enjoy just parking the airplane close the runway at a busy airport.I did have some issues with the sounds from aircraft around me disapperaring when at a certain angle but apart from that and the RC compatibility problem, I enjoyed the program very much.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Well, while taxiing and waiting for clearance the AI identification problem in Radar Contact IS there, but they call my A/C name OK, and I was surprised at how little it actually bothered me. The advance setting in FSUIPC is easily switched back to the proper setting during flight, so I'm not sure how much of a deterrent this should be. The basic wav sounds are timed pretty accurately in my system, with spool ups AND the proper Doppler effect, and THAT's VERY cool to hear the planes next to you taking off and landing, but they're not nearly loud enough for me, IMHO. Again, not really a problem: I will just adjust them at some time in the future easily enough with Audacity (I just wish I didn't have to do it.)No frame rate hit at all. My one simple question about how to download the program sent to customer service was answered within an hour, so that was a relief.Extra sounds, i.e. brakes, flaps, spoilers, etc. are very cool, but most are either already included in other addons I own like FSPassengers, FDC Live Cockpit, or in the aircraft's sound.cfg itself, so I'm not sure how much value those are to me. The main attraction for me, then, remains the AI sounds.All in all, yeah, I'm glad I bought it and now have it, but actually, I thought it would have much more of an impact on my simming experience than it did. I think I'll be more excited about this once I turn the volumes up on the wav files. (Anybody know how to do this as a batch job on 55 or so wav files in Audacity, so I don't have to do them one by one?)So, if you're not really strapped for money and don't mind paying $18.00 for what appears to be the only viable solution to this FS9 issue, and don't mind hacking around with it a little, I would recommend it for you. If money's a bit of an issue for you and you want to choose between this product and, say a good scenery or aircraft, I would suggest you take a pass on FShotSFX and get the sweet scenery instead.

Hi,Make sure the three volume sliders are all the way up in FSHotSFX.One way to turn up the volume is to edit the AIBlast.ini file (name is from memory). Try changing the volumes of the default wav file names first. This will affect the "universal" sounds. Later, for each aircraft type you can specify which wav files are played, and at what volume (even over 100%).More details on this at the web site:http://www.fshotseat.com/AIBlast.asp#Custo...IBlast%20SoundsHope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks for that tip, Tom.And I'm going to amend my previous opinion about FSHotSFX and say that it most certainly great! Now that I've tweaked the volumes a bit, this program is just great, even with the RC issues.I mean, even a great program like Radar Contact isn't perfect, and the FSUIPC fix works like a charm. I HIGHLY recommend FSHotSFX!!

Guest Col7777

Have you got 'Traffic View Board' installed, you can watch the ai the full length of the flight and hear the ai sounds no problem.Play with the sliders till it sound OK.

I use aisnd101.zip here in the library, which in fact has reverse thrust sounds for all aircraft.(albeit with some editing of aircraft.cfg files)

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

>Have you got 'Traffic View Board' installed, you can watch>the ai the full length of the flight and hear the ai sounds no>problem.>Play with the sliders till it sound OK.Col7777: Ok, you lost me on that one. Are you saying that TVB and FSHotSFX have the same AI sound features?

I have tested the demo version around Chicago. It is terrific !!They were right in providing a demo version because they convinced me. I'm going to buy it very soon!!As far as I know, the key generation is based on the PC hardware, so I'd better purchase the product after I have upgraded my PC, which should happen very soon too.Eric

>Well, I had a question about the download link on their>website -- you have to download it here at AVSIM or FlightSim,>and my email was answered within an hour. That's good news.>>One myth disspelles!to come . . .Hi ChuckI wonder if you could briefly run through the process you went through when acquiring and registering FSHotSFX, ie, the actual file you downloaded, the registration process etc ?Many thanks in advanceGary

ChuckAre you saying that once you start a flight leaving the fsuipc setting just as fshotsfx left it, RC calls you (and all other a/c around) by TYPE or by CALLSIGN ?I have understood that the setting change fshotsfx does means all a/c will be called by TYPE, which of course sounds stupid. Now, if the FSUIPC setting is changed back in-game, logically it should mean that now RC works properly but fshotsfx does not.BOTH should not be able to work properly.Can you clarify what is actually happening in your case?