Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

AI Traffic Sound

Been hoping for a addon like this for so long...It seems that this is not Vista compatible.. does anyone know a fix for this? Been trying to mess with forced Xp compatibility with no success..Cheers

FSHotSeat and SFX are not Vista and FSX compatible. You can not run them on a client PC with WideFS. I asked the latter question years ago when the product first came out.

Thanks for the clarification about WideFS, Jerel. I'll stop trying now.

I have just purchased the product, received my key, but having some problems to register. I looked at their forum but I just couldn't register on the forum, apparently because of a server problem :(The problem I have now is when I click 'Register', I have a popup window with NO message, and I have to click Yes or No. Difficult to answer a question when you can't read it... I click Yes, and then I have a window with a text field, and I don't know what to enter here. When entering the key, it doesn't work. Please see the attached screenshots for more information.Any help is greatly welcome.Eric

> I have a window with a text field, and I>don't know what to enter here. When entering the key, it>doesn't work. Please see the attached screenshots for more>information.>>Any help is greatly welcome.>>Eric>EricI believe the first text box is for your name, ie, the name you gave when making your on-line purchase (must be the same.) The second box (that subsequently appears) is for your registration key.Hope this helpsGary

This is what I thought, so I tried that, but it does not work.The image attached shows the result I have, which shows something is wrong...Those who successfully purchased and registered the product should be able to help me, please...I still have no reply from the mail I sent to FSHSFX support.Thanks,Eric

Problem solved.I guess it was a problem with the registry. I re-installed it all and it worked fine. Registration was successful.Eric

Good to hear you have it working.I can't get the FSHotsfx and RC4 to work properly together permanently. They work together well under new planes come into range and then RC loses their airline and flight numbers and starts referring to them by their types.So I guess I'll do what Trelane does, use FSHotsfx on the ground and put up with RC calling the plane types. Once in the air, switch the TCASid to Flight and use RC and then vice-versa at the destination.

Actually, I switch off RC4's AI chatter feature, but leave "Interact With AI" checked, and leave the default MS ATC sound slider on (MS ATC popup box is disabled, though) and use that for my AI ear candy. It actually sounds better to me now -- there are variations in voices now. My Controller never answers himself in a plane 40 miles away.

Trelane,So you use RC4 for just own flight, but listen to the default ATC for the AI flights? Sounds interesting and I think I'll try it next time I fly.Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the info, Chuck.Unfortunately I think we're out of luck for getting FSUIPC changed. I'm more hopeful for the RC5 release to allow FSHotSFX to work. I tried a completely wacky idea of adding a second TCASid line into the FSUIPC.ini file to see what would happen.TCASid = Type+ for FSHotSFXTCASid = Flight for RC4Unfortunately my experiment did nothing as I expected. I thought maybe that RC4 would maybe just recognize the line with the Flight TCASid.I'm torn between listening to the airline type in RC4 and FSHotSFX's great sounds or just using RC4 and the correct airline and flight number with near-silent AI planes.

have you tried my band aid/hybrid solution of turning off AI Chatter in RC4 and just listening to the default Microsoft ATC? The longer I use this hybrid option, honestly -- The better I like it.

Tried that too, but after a while the default ATC goes mostly silent with hardly any chatter at all.Are you referring to turning off the AI Chatter or the Interact with AI option in RC4?