Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

AI Traffic Sound

If that doesn't work Eric, I'll also tryident=0 too.I'm taking off soon so I'll let you know.

Eric and Chuck,Thanks for the posts as I'm keeping track of this as well. But if only had the nav ident code come on once or twice during my five or so flights that I've done with FSHotSFX so far and I can shut if off without the beeping coming back.

Well, I'm on approach from CYUL to KPHL and after an hour it only came on briefly at the beginning of my flight. Haven't heard it since.

With the "options" modification in the ini file, the ident audio still turns on for 1 or 2 seconds, and then turns off. It is better, but still a pain because of my autotune system. Needless to say I had no feedback from the support...Eric

Hi,Taken from here:http://www.mombu.com/games/flight-simulato...lp-1166384.htmlMartin-------------------------Regarding the uncontrolable morse code beeps when using FS Hotseat onsome aircraft, here is a solution I got from FSHS Support (in theirwords):"NAV Radio IDENT OPTION"By default, FSHS automatically manages navigation radio ident modewhen radio is tuned to a new station. An optional setting "Ident" canbe used to modify this behavior:Ident=0 or omitted will restore default FSHS auto ident.Ident=1 will not auto switch to ident mode but copilot will read outactive station and turn off ident if you switch it on.Ident=2 will turn off all auto ident and copilot will not read outactive station.Example:Ident=2Will disable all FSHS ident functions.WHERE TO FIND THE FILE/HOW TO MAKE THE ADJUSTMENT:You may not find "ident" by searching.From earlier in the Help file:Add the switches below to the section of the FSHotSeat.ini (in theFSHS main folder.) If the does not exist then add it (onlyonce) and place option switches underneath it. You must restartFSHotSeat for these changes to take effect and you may have to restartMSFS.....so, in FSHotSeat.ini,'Create if it doesn't exist"Ident=x "Hope this helps!ANOTHER POST:I e-mailed Reg at sup[port and, lo and behold, he replied. For anyoneinterested he said:In the FSHotSFX.ini file located in the main FSHSFX folder add this todisable ident:(Options) <--- should be square bracketsIdent=1Not had chanve to see if it works as yet ....M. But one guy said it didn't make any difference...Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

ident=2 didn't change anything for me...But you know what? I had an answer from the support.First, they told me:Check "Version Updates" in the Help file, it explains how to disable.Obviously I told them I already did this by adding the Options section in the ini file with the ident line. Then they wrote:There may be a conflict with that particular A/C panel. You may have to rename or use blank .wav sounds for ident.I'm not very happy with this answer. I doubt there can be a problem with the aircraft or the panel, because I used a panel that I have fully developed from A to Z (Airbus Series), so I exactly know what happens in this panel. And anyway it is the same with the default Cessna panel...So the only solution is to blank the morse signal sounds in FS. I'm not very happy with this :-(Eric

I don't mind this -- The product hasn't been in development for a couple of years now and I knew that when I bought it, so I won't sweat the small stuff.Does anybody know the name(s) and exact location of this (these?) ident beep file(s)?

Can anyone provide me the link in either AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM were I can dowload FSHOTSFX. I ordered this program last week before thanksgiving, then had to wait til they sent me a key, now I can't find it on either of this sites? I've tried looking for file name it's self FSHOTSFX & FSHOTSEAT on both sites but I had no luck? Please help.Don

Can anyone provide me the link in either AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM were I can dowload FSHOTSFX. I ordered this program last week before thanksgiving, then had to wait til they sent me a key, now I can't find it on either of this sites? I've tried looking for file name it's self FSHOTSFX & FSHOTSEAT on both sites but I had no luck? Please help.Don
The file name at Flightsim.com is fshfx11f.zipGood luck.

The file name at Flightsim.com is fshfx11f.zipGood luck.
Thank's Opa I found it.Don

I'm very glad FSHotSFX is getting some positive comment here, not because I have any financial interest in the product, but because I've been using it for some years now and it's certainly in my list of top 6 'must haves' for FS. I can't imagine flying without it (though when airborne it's not often of much use, the odd close encounter apart, I admit). Anyone who doesn't have it, I really recommend giving it a try.My problem with FSHotSFX is that it switches OFF my NAV1 and NAV2 lights and beeps. I thought that was going to be a big problem for ILS landings, but in fact, although the NAV radios appear to switch off, they still work as normal. (the ident= tweaks didn't help me either).Getting support is a problem, as has been noted: the 'support' email address never responds. This one however does, should you need a new key (for reinstallation maybe). Regsoft themselves won't give out keys, I tried. Reg@FSHotSeat.comMartin

I've been flying wit FSHotSFX for a couple of weeks now, using either FS9s "built-in" MS chatter or (more and more frequently) LiveATC.net's live ATC streams. Just for giggles I went back and tried the AI traffic chatter in both Radar Contact and Pro Flight Emulator for a couple of flights and I can honestly say I do not miss that feature in either one of those programs.The added enhancement SFHotFX gives me in the cockpit was well worth the money I paid, and purchasing the program and rediscovering LiveATC.net was one of the best things I've done for my simming experience.Just thought I'd post an update here.

Hi AllSeeing how this topic has just been resurrected, i'd just like to add that i've had FSHotSFX running for a few weeks now and totally agree that it is an excellent add-on - certainly in my top 5 "must haves".One thing i would certainly recommend are the free sound files available for it here in the library (just search for "FSHotSFX"). They really do make a big difference, especially the Airbus CFM and IAE sounds which are excellent.Gary