Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

AI Traffic Sound

>>Tried that too, but after a while the default ATC goes mostly silent with hardly any chatter at all.As I understand it that's the way it's supposed to be. In R/W, the airwaves get pretty quiet once you resume your own navigation.>>Are you referring to turning off the AI Chatter or the Interact with AI option in RC4?I turn off the AI Chatter option. Sometimes, RC4 will freeze all AI when I approach the runway for take off, as it normally does on landing. When that happens (I know because I just sit there for for 2 or 3 minutes and no one else around me moves either) I need to go into RC4 and deselect and then REselect the "Interact With AI" selection, and then things start moving again. The more I get into it with FSHotSFX, the more I feel I really don't need Radar Contact interacting with AI at all, but that may be just because I like hearing my AI take off and land so much now.

Chuck,I just fly a flight from KCVG to KDTW with the AI Chatter option OFF and the Interact with AI ON in RC4. I also turned up the default ATC volume. Everything worked out really well. No conflicts and ATC even held a departing Delta CRJ at KDTW to allow me to land. I then heard it clearly take off through FSHotSFX.The only thing that bothers me is that the tower views are messed up by FSHotSFX. If there any way around it? I turned the Viewing Seconds on the Tower/Flyby View to 0 and the tower view continues to be at a weird angle.

Yes, I now mostly use the combination of Radar Contact and Default ATC on while I fly, and I like the result, too. Congratulations!I haven't really played with that Tower View option yet, so I can't really answer your question. That may explain why my Walk and Follow is messed up though!Let me know if you figure out anything.

Guys, this whole set up works SO much better and smoother on my set up using Pro Flight Emulator as instead of Radar Contact! I know that's almost sacriledge here, but my latest flights bear this out to be true, so I had to repost here honestly.

Hmmmm...I thought PFE 2000 still needed the TCASid to be set to Flight the same as RC4 needs it.I have PFE, but never really got into it. How does it work differently with FSHotSFX as compared to RC4?Thanks for the info, Chuck.

It does, WallysWorld, but once I set PFE to not interact with AI traffic, I didn't have to touch it again. Not so with RC4 - there were 3 or 4 times just upon taxi to runway where I had to open RC, select or deselect the "Interact With AI" or "AI Chatter" options or both in order to get RC to release my AI. Only then would my AI take off and land, planes would start moving in the sky once more, and the take off queue would start moving again, etc.

Hello everyone,I'm happy to see that the post I have initiated is so successful :-) I have a little problem with FSHotSFX. I know I should contact the support, but as I see there are many experts here, I wonder if any of you has the same problem: when using the product, the audio channel of NAV1 and NAV2 suddenly switch on, which makes me hear the morse code of VOR1 and/or VOR2. If I switch them off manually, they turn on again...I must say that I noticed this problem when flying online on IVAO (using IvAp). Maybe I had too many modules running at the same time?Eric

Rocky:Are you sure it FSHotSFX? I noticed this behavior too, but wasn't sure that's what it was.See my thread here at AVSIM from last week:<< http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=54077 >>If it is the culprit, it does it even when not running. It just happened to me just now.You're probably right, though - why it would affect the detect feature on the radios is beyond me.

Chuck,I am not 100% sure this problem comes from FSHotSFX, but I what I know is that when I stopped FSHotSFX, the problem stopped.I have read your other post and I will check if my keyboard assignments conflict with the audio features, but I don't think the solution is here...Thanks for your help :)Eric

Hi,It's a "feature" of FSHotSFX. Every time you change the frequency, it turns on the IDENT so you can confirm the identity. I agree it sometimes turns them on for no particular reason. I haven't checked if there is a setting in the program turning this "feature" off...Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Well, I would REALLY like to turn this feature off, because my Airbus is equiped with an autotune system that tunes NAV1 and NAV2 frequency when the aircraft flies, it tries to always receive 2 VORs. With this "feature", the IDENT is turned on all alon gthe flight, it is a real pain.The .ini file does not appear to let us change anything regarding this feature.I will try to contact the support about this.Eric

Same thing in the SkyDecks CRJ panel! I don't even see an option to shut off ident. It's driving me nuts and I don't even have FSHotSFX turned on this flight.

I found some links that show the problem is not new, already reported by users long time ago...http://fshotseat.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=711This one removed the sound files to avoid the morse sounds:http://fshotseat.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=456Even with this, the developers didn't change the product. I wish I saw this before buying, I would have made another decision...Anyway I sent a mail to the support, I wonder if I will have an answer. I'll let you know if it happens.Eric

>>This one removed the sound files to avoid the morse sounds:What a greadt idea! I've always hated those beeps -- i'll just rename them with .bak file extensions and I'll be rid of the problem forever.Anyone know the name of the specific files?

Chuck,While waiting for an answer from the support that may never come, I found something in the documentation ("version changes" section). It says that you can add an "options" section in the ini file and deactivate the ident function by adding a line. I added this in my ini file:[Options]ident=1It should work, but I didn't test yet.Eric