Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

AI Traffic Sound

Yesterday I was flying with heavy AI traffic. I was at the runway holding point when an aircraft was taking off. Sitting in the cockpit (2D panel view), I heard nothing... When the same thing happens in real life, you can hear the other aircraft taking off, even from inside the cabin.Looking deeper into this, I realized that I never hear any AI traffic sound from the cockpit (and I hear light sounds when in SPOT view). Did I miss something in the fs9 configuration? Should I update the AI sound with sounds I can download here?Any help is welcome.Eric

Indeed, it works much better with these sounds, and also because I have increased to "Environment" sound volume in the sound settings.You might think I'm never happy, but I had another problem: I was following an aircraft that was taxiing and could hear it, perfect. But when it took off, I was hearing the same sound fading away. No sound modulation or power increase to simulate the take off power of the engines.Did I miss something here or is it an FS2004 limitation?(FYI, I use the Traffic add-on from Just Flight)Thanks,Eric

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,you will find no freeware AI Sounds with Spool-up or reverse sounds. There are 1 or 2 payware add ons available with AI tarffic sound incl. Spool-up sound and reverser sound (FSHotSeat).As far as I know it is very difficult to create such sounds in a fast way. You have to edit and programm a lot of things to make this work. It's not that easy

FSHotSeat looks interesting, but a little expensive. But I think I will buy it, thanks for the info !!Eric

Eric,May I suggest you just get it's little "sister" program called FSHotSFX. It is for just AI sounds which you seek and is less expensive than FSHotSeat.Two little F.Y.I's. I use the program and like it but keep in mind:1. - There is little or no support for this project from what I remember.2. - It does tend to have an issue of playing sounds late (or maybe early?) such as when you watch an AI aircraft land. Despite those things it is still pretty good as you will hear things like the spool-ups and when an aircraft flies overhead landing. It is also directional so if an aircraft is left of you you will hear it from your left side. Never tried any of the freeware addons here so I can't comment on them.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I thought FSHotSFX was for FSX and I'm still using FS2004.But maybe I'm wrong here...I should avoid the confusion between SFX and FSX :)Thanks for the info anyway.Eric

FSHotFX is known to cause conflicts with many other add-on programs due to the way it interacts with fsuipc.Also if the product's development and support has been discontinued and the developers have vanished, I would strongly recommend against buying it.

Eric:What in that thread discouraged you. I may have missed something but after reading the whole thing again I think I'm going to give FSHotSFX a shot. I hate that AI silence -- one of the only things in FS9 that REALLY bugs me.

Well, I am afraid the site is still here but nobody is behind it. I wouldn't like to pay for a key that I will never have. And I'm afraid there is no support any more.As this add-on is quite old, I'm scared that it doesn't work with recent add-ons or with the recent version of FSUIPC that I have. And I couldn't find the demo version...If you want to take the risk and buy it, please let me know :)Eric

Will do. 18 bucks? I just lost $250 on some "high performance" memory that crapped out after 3 months! $18 for the chance to fix the silent AI issue is a small price to pay.

OK, you're right.Please let me know if everything goes fine. If you get your key in time after payment, I will also buy it.Eric

>I hate that AI silence -- one>of the only things in FS9 that REALLY bugs me.Totally agree, Chuck.I wonder if you would be kind enough to post your findings should you decide to make the "investment" ?Gary