Sign in to follow this  
retnavycpo

Auto flight plan loading for FS9?

Ok, I know how to change the default flight for FS9; that is simple enough.But no matter what I do, a flight plan is not saved. What I want to do, is have a pre-created flight plan load when the default flight loads.Is this possible?My father in law is 86, and I introduced him to flight simming a few months ago. I know how to load a flight plan easy enough, but he doesn't. I am trying to make things as simple as I can for him.Thanks.Pete

Guest lgvpilot1

Im not 100% sure I follow what you mean are you saying that if you create a flight , load a flightplan , then save it and tick the set as default flight , the flightplan does not load when you re start the sim ?Mark

That is correct. The aircraft shows up at the location I have set as "default", but the flight plan does not load with it.Someone on another forum suggested I try simply saving the flight, but not as default. Am sure that will probably work, but also means more steps for my father in law to learn, which I am trying to minimize for him.Thanks.Pete

Guest lgvpilot1

I dont think it will work to be honest,not as the default flight anyway.It has been stated quite a few times on this and various boards to basically leave the default filght as is so to speak.The other option would be to start from select a flight I suppose , where you could have have a dozen or so flights set up to choose from , just click one and go.Sorry I cant be more help but Im sure someone may have a solution for youGood luckMark