Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

How To Delete The 2D Cockpit?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,in order to get as good performance as possible in the VC I want to delete the 2D Cockpit the 2D Cockpit influences the FPS although it operates in the background when flying in VC.I already tried different things to delete the 2D Cockpit but without success as the VC does not work as well when deleting f.e. the 2D Panel.cfg.All I want is to delete the 2D Cockpit gauges but how can I do it without loosing them in VC too?Many thanks.

To be honest, that sounds more like wishful thinking.Why do you assume that the 2D cockpit would affect your frame rate while it is not even visible?

Why don't you just press the "W" key to remove the panel from view?

Graeme Butler

Guest lgvpilot1

Well i suppose if you really want to , though I cant see what you expect to achieve you could just delete all the gauges in {window00}.Probably a better idea may be to comment them out with //ie[Window00]file=Main_640.bmpfile_1024=Main_1024.bmpsize_mm=640position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANEL//gauge00=737-400!Airspeed, 0, 64//gauge01=737-400!Flaps, 586, 64//gauge02=737-400!Altimeter, 237,I still dont see how this will improve your frame rates,but it should have the affect you are looking forMark

>in order to get as good performance as possible in the VC I>want to delete the 2D Cockpit the 2D Cockpit influences the>FPS although it operates in the background when flying in VC.>This has got to be one of the most bizarre statements I've ever seen on a FS forum. Where did you get this idea from?

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,I do not know for sure but when flying f.e. the LDS767 with both, 2D and VC switched on, I have about 10FPS less than flying with 2D Panel switched on only. If I have switched on the VC but using ONLY the 2D Panel frames are lower. So I thought that this will have the same effect when beeing in VC only whith 2D Cockpit working in the background.So when using the 2D Panel only, with VC switched on but not using it, so why do the frames in the 2D panel go back?

I have never tested if the 2D panel influences performance in the VC. But I can definitely say that a detailed VC drops FPS in 2D mode although the VC is invisible when in 2d mode. So why shouldn't it be the other way round too?Cheers, Wolfgang

>>in order to get as good performance as possible in the VC I>>want to delete the 2D Cockpit the 2D Cockpit influences the>>FPS although it operates in the background when flying in>VC.>>>>This has got to be one of the most bizarre statements I've>ever seen on a FS forum. Where did you get this idea from?Actually I had this idea the other day as well.Not being super tech savvy I just assumed removing the 2d would somehow help with VC performance .Now normally I don't bother with VCs ,but I do like the new POSKY 777 version , unfortunately after good trial run on my PCthe performance was so poor and the flight so unenjoyable(even the DXT3 version) that it had to go. cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest Zevious Zoquis

>I have never tested if the 2D panel influences performance in>the VC. But I can definitely say that a detailed VC drops FPS>in 2D mode although the VC is invisible when in 2d mode. So>why shouldn't it be the other way round too?>>Cheers, Wolfgangbecuase the VC is a highly complex 3D model while the 2D panel is a flat bitmap? The VC adds considerably more to the performance load than the 2D panel. That said, I've been using VCs in FS2004 for years and ftmp they don't have a huge impact on current hardware...

Guest yarvelling

I doubt whether removing the 2D panel would have any noticable effect; unlike when the option is given to fly without the 3D VC. Normally the 3D VC is part of the aircraft model; a complex and well detailed VC will involve many polygons, and textures, and will thusly add a fair amount of 'weight' for the PC to be processing. Normally (I believe) that when an aircraft offers the option to fly WITHOUT a VC, it uses a second model; identical in all respects other than there is NO VC modelled in place. This means that a whole lot less processing power is used for creating the aircraft within the sim; resulting in a higher FPS and smoother performance. These designers/producers of the addon give extra flexibility and put the aircraft within the scope of those simming with older, less up-to-date PC hardware - and hopefully expect higher sales!Unless you have a particularly 'heavyweight' (ie:large) bitmap being used in the 2D panel, it's removal will not make the aircraft any smoother if there is still a detailed, and complex 3D VC being carried around as part of the aircraft model.Hope this is of some use... :)