Sign in to follow this  
Guest pvanessen

FS9.exe uses 100% CPU and does not start up

Guest pvanessen

Hi,since yesterday, my FS9 installation stopped working overnight.I don't know why and have no idea. Even reinstalling the FS9 does NOT solve the problem.Everytime I start fs9.exe, the startup screen pops up, CPU usage goes to 100% and nothing more happens.The systems is still usable, it's only FS9 that freezes.Any ideas? As I wrote, uninstall - reboot - install does NOT solve the problem.XP SP3 with 3.0GhZ and 2GB RAM. worked properly for 1 year.I have no idea at which point SP3 was installed. Could that be the problem?Best regards,Phillip

the uninstall may not have removed an edited fs9.cfg file. if your cfg file has an error this can cause problem your describe. removed the fs9.cfg to your computer's desktop and start the game.the following is a 'the cow has already left the barn' comment but VERY important -an unistall/reinstall of FS MUST BE THE LAST THING DONE. i ran FS9 on my old machine from FS release date until three months ago (uninstalled when i moved to a new computer). never did i do a reinstall. this is on a FS that used many alpha and beta aircraft; plus many 'hacks' to the cfg.if your FS has a challenge move the FS9.cfg to the computer's desktop. FS builds a new one and 99.999% of the time the problem is solved.after FS starts and runs you can then, one at a time, re-introduce your cfg file 'hacks'.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest pvanessen

Hey,thanks!!That really did the trick!Sad, I lost a night with a couple of reinstalls, but now I now how things work.THanks again and Cheers,Phillip