Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stompy

Help pleaseeeeee.... Problems after reinstalling my FS

Guest Kristiaan

Hi Guys, You are my last hope,I reinstalled my fs after i had some issues which couldnt be solved without taking this drastic option to action....After the install i went to the desktop and tried to start fs but, no luck, when double clicking on the icon it gives me a dos window for 2 second which then clears the screen and well, no fs, no window, no ms warning, no nothing.When checking my exe file of fs i came to a weird conclusion, the file is 184kb large, and it has a normal dos icon and not that fancy fs picture. When checking it on the cd, it is ALSO 184kb.....What could this mean ?, is the cd damaged, is my system performing a error in reading the cd ?...This is my first time having this after installing it for almost hundreds of times ... Hope that the high brained fellow simmers on this board can help me furter, as it sounds now, i will be grounded for a few days ( in fs then )...GreetzZzZz.Kris.

Guest kurtj

That is weird. Here are some options to check.1. After reinstalling your os, check to see if you had installed your cd/dvd drivers. It does sound like a driver issue to me. Perhaps it didn't get installed correctly.2. Check to make sure dust or hairs from animals etc isn't stuck on the cd, because this can change and even damage data.3. Check to see if your cd/dvd drive is free of those things mentioned above. Clean if necessary.4. Maybe try to reinstall your os again and see if it causes the same problems after you install your cd/dvd drivers etc.5. Buy a new fs at your computer retail store.6. Take your pc to a professional to repair it.I hope this helps so you can get up flying again. B.T.W. you must be getting excited about fs2004 like others in the forum. I know I am.

Guest Stompy

This sounds very similar to what happened to me when I reinstalled FS a while back. I cancelled out of the installer after realizing I hadn't made the correct choices. After it finished canceling I ran the installer again, and got pretty much the same end results as you. Long story short, do a full uninstall, remove any remaining FS folders, then do a full install again. It's working perfectly on my computer now, so hopefully it will for you too.