Sign in to follow this  
ErnstB

Coastline jaggies and blurries

Hi,My FS9 was great and perfect until I had to replace 2 HDs and installed the system new.Now with the Water effects slider on Low I worldwide get jagged and blurred coastlines with the default scenery and which remain with UTE, UTUS , UTCA installed.With Water effects slider on None this becomes corrected but all the nice effects on water are gone, of course.All buildings, aircrafts, 3D objects in general are perfectly modelled without any jaggies and FPS with default scenery but demanding airliners are 60-100.I tried dozens of possible combinations with Terrain detail, MIP map settings, ATI CCC Mipmap, AA and AF settings, FS9.cfg tips, etc.But, I think, the relevant textures don't load.A software/settings problem?A hardware defect?I hope, somebody in this great community knows of a solution approach to get non-jagged, non-blurred coastlines AND water effects back.Thanks for any help and best regardsErnstMy system specs:XP Home SP3, 1280x1024x32, FS9.1, AA off, trilinear, FPS limit 30Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, PQ5-E, 2 GB Corsair RAM, HIS IceQ4 Turbo 4850 512MB, ATI 8.8 (tried 8.10 as well), 2 SATA WD HD 320GB (1 for the system, 1 for FS9), Be Quiet 700W

Hi All,No idea anyone to cure my coastline/water effects problem?I am trying to add 2 screenshots with water effects on low.jaggiescoastksearu3.jpgBy updraftjaggiescoastlspved7.jpgBy updraftWhat could possibly be the bottleneck for this missing texture loading or whatever it might be?Thanks for any helpRegardsErnst

Hello Ernst,I have exactly the same problem with coastline jaggies - unless, like you, I set water effects to none.Have you found a solution yet ? Please share it if you have, I will post again if I solve the problem myself.Regards.........Stuart :(

Hi Stuart,In my (particular?) case replacing (backup!) the textures - env_dawn.bmp - env_dusk.bmp - env_highmoon.bmp - env_highnoon.bmp - env_lowmoon.bmp - env_lowsun.bmp - env_midsun.bmp - env_newmoon.bmp - env_overcast.bmp - env_postdusk.bmp - env_predawn.bmpin FS...\scenery\world\texture solved my problem.The replacements were of identical size.Guess one of the installed original bmps was corrupted or not compatible with my graphics hard- or software.I unfortunately don't remember what package I took, there are too many downloadable from this site.Wish this is also helping in your case.RegardsErnst

Excuse me, but my coastlines, roads, airport backgrounds ect. ect. ect. have always looked more or less like that. Regardless of what I have the ground/water detail set to. I assumed everyones did. At least I don't remember ever seeing a screen shot that didn't look like that. Maybe I'm missing some small detail. Would you mind terribly posting a screenshot now that it's fixed for comparison? Cheers.....................Todd

Hi Ernst,Thank you for the tip. I downloaded classic_water_texture.zip from the library and this has fixed the problem.The files are smaller than the originals, but look good.You might want to experiment with them Todd.Regards.............Stuart :(