Sign in to follow this  
Guest bradley27

Technical question for FS2004 Masterminds

Guest bradley27

Right now i have wondered why some payware/freeware packages have a visual moving nose wheel that turns left & right with a simple pull in either direction on my joystick..e.g PMDG, POSKY, IFDG all turn with what ever you do on the joystick and then other packages like...e.g Overland, CLS & Level D 767 fail to do the same with out using the tail rudder on the keyboard so in other words the nose wheel remains forward even tho the plane is turning!!!Is there a way i can programme these few models to have the same system that PMDG etc run on in order to have the nose wheels turn with the movement of the joystick rather than the tail rudder?!?!?I have already toggled with the auto rudder swicth and that made 0% difference.Please help!!!!

I believe you will find that such "animation" is created (or not) by the author in the aircraft model and you cannot change it.

You could try adding this to your aircraft.cfg, in the [airplane_geometry] sectionaileron_to_rudder_scale = 1.00 However, keep in mind this also "auto coordinates" the rudder with the ailerons, so you can't gain use of rudder for crosswind landings. You might have to adjust the "1.00" above for the best balance of rudder vs. aileron.For realism's sake, most aircraft are steered with the foot pedals, not with the yoke or stick. I believe some jets use a "tiller" just for ground steering. The Ercoupe (I flew one in Texas a couple years' ago) does steer with the yoke. It felt very strange! In some aircraft the foot pedals turn the nosewheel, in others, differential braking is all they allow for handling turns.Regards,John

Guest bradley27

Thanks Guys, ill try that John cheers,It is alittle annoying to have to keep going back to the keyboard to use the tail rudder pedals to also have the planes nose wheel turn. So i will try that little input and see if it works

Guest bradley27

Okay ive added that line and it works!! But yes now i see what you mean cos now what happens when i turn in the air or even on approach, the planes tail rudder forces that aircraft to over turn becoming very sensitive,so now im at a crossroads as to stick with this unreal dynamic or remove the entrie and ignore the problem i wanted to rectify

You could try adjusting the value---to reduce the effect, try:aileron_to_rudder_scale = 0.75or even something lower. Possibly by experimenting with the value you won't have to compromise realism too much, other than my earlier mentioned comments.

I had to check that one because it did not sound right - the LDS767 nosewheel does turn with rudder twist on my setup - there must be something specifically causing it for you. I don't know about CLS as I don't own any of them but maybe you can try the LDS forum.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

If you have the Yaw damper activated on ground, the nosewheel does not turn. :-)Deactivate the Yaw, and miracles will happen. ;-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest bradley27

So just wanna check are you saying switch off the yaw damper in the cockpit when on the ground and it should on the nose wheel movement?

>So just wanna check are you saying switch off the yaw damper>in the cockpit when on the ground and it should on the nose>wheel movement?Correct. :-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest bradley27

No my friend,No luck there, nothing at all

>Right now i have wondered why some payware/freeware packages>have a visual moving nose wheel that turns left & right with a>simple pull in either direction on my joystick..e.g PMDG,>POSKY, IFDG all turn with what ever you do on the joystick and>then other packages like...e.g Overland, CLS & Level D 767>fail to do the same with out using the tail rudder on the>keyboard so in other words the nose wheel remains forward even>tho the plane is turning!!!>>Is there a way i can programme these few models to have the>same system that PMDG etc run on in order to have the nose>wheels turn with the movement of the joystick rather than the>tail rudder?!?!?>>I have already toggled with the auto rudder swicth and that>made 0% difference.>>Please help!!!!Ok... from what you've said, I'm guessing your joystick doesn't have a rudder axis set up. You're also stating that you can get the aircraft to turn, but the wheels (3D model) don't turn with it.If I'm correct in my thoughts, then the answer is... you can't. The reason: What makes the nosegear turn is built into the 3D model itself and there is no entry or configuration we can suggest that will change that.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I believe that is essentially what I suggested in the very first reply to the Original Poster.