Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

Recent problem with Imaginesim KEWR

I haven't flown at KEWR in a while and decided to fly out of there. When the flight started, all I saw was jagged lines. They disappeared when I slewed off the scenery. Anyone have a similar experience or know what the issue is? It didn't matter which plane I used, the same thing occurred. Anyone know if this is related to Window XP SP3? I recently tried to install it but it failed so it rolled back. If I stay in KEWR too long, FS9 crashes with a Util.dll error.Thanks,Eric

Thanks Chuck! The link you provided led me to the NVidia link which did the trick. I'm always happy when it turns out to be something easy.Eric

Seems to be an ongoing problem with that scenery. I never got it fixed to my satisfaction and I finally just had to ask for, and received, a refund on mine from Flight 1. Here's a thread about it from June"<< http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search >>
Hey Chuck,I just had this issue again with KEWR. Unfortunately, the link you provided me previously no longer works. I tried tweaking it to work with the new forum system, but couldn't. Do you happen to remember this issue and how you searched for it? I want to make sure this time I actually post the solution rather than some obscure reference to my NVidia card! I haven't changed anything to it, so it's weird this happened again a year and a half later.Thanks,Eric

Hey Chuck,I just had this issue again with KEWR. Unfortunately, the link you provided me previously no longer works. I tried tweaking it to work with the new forum system, but couldn't. Do you happen to remember this issue and how you searched for it? I want to make sure this time I actually post the solution rather than some obscure reference to my NVidia card! I haven't changed anything to it, so it's weird this happened again a year and a half later.Thanks,Eric
HI I'm always flying out of ewr I believe this is the link http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=231694 the only way I was able to sort out the problem is to have high levels of aa and af at 16 the settings are in the link other heavy user of the imaginesim ewr scenery is avsim member psolk which suggested to mip certain textures.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

HI I'm always flying out of ewr I believe this is the link http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=231694 the only way I was able to sort out the problem is to have high levels of aa and af at 16 the settings are in the link other heavy user of the imaginesim ewr scenery is avsim member psolk which suggested to mip certain textures.
Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try and report back. I haven't changed a thing on my Newark scenery or any of my NVidia settings in quite a while, so I think I'm also go to crack the case on my computer and check for dust. Maybe that's the issue.Eric

Looks like my issue was solved with a little forced air cleaning out the dust from inside my computer. I cleaned it and fired up the sim to the same conditions. No more issues. I had a little hint from my first post in 2008 that it was easy. Can't be easier than cleaning off your video card (and other components).Eric

Looks like my issue was solved with a little forced air cleaning out the dust from inside my computer. I cleaned it and fired up the sim to the same conditions. No more issues. I had a little hint from my first post in 2008 that it was easy. Can't be easier than cleaning off your video card (and other components).Eric
Hello Eric glade you got the isssue solved. its always good to blow the dust off the p.c every now and then. espcailly the video card and cpu.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.