Sign in to follow this  
Guest bradley27

Enhancing Wing/Strobe & Beacon Lights

Guest bradley27

This is a quick question on how you may possibly be able to make the lights on Overland & PMDG aircraft a little bigger as they are barely visable.Any takers?!?Cheers!

Guest ThrottleUp

This is the clunky FS9-nerd method hee hee. Works perfectly for me!Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg1. Open the aircraft.cfg2. Scroll down to the LIGHTS section3. You will see a list of light effects. Take note of the name of the light effects file you are interested in (eg. pmdg_strobe.fx or something like that)4. We will use the above name in this example.5. Go to the FS9/Effects file & search for "pmdg_strobe"6. Make a copy-paste of it and rename the new one to "pmdg_strobe_tweaked" or something similar.7. Open this new tweaked.fx file in NotepadNOTE--> Im not at my simming computer so I dont have details to hand but you will soon catch to what Im on about once you start tweaking.One its opened in Notepad look for entries that say radius=, lifetime= or something like that. Fiddle with these entries. For example if radius=0.5 change it to radius=1 or something. You now need to go back to the aircraft.cfg, back to the LIGHTS section and change the name of the strobe reference to pmdg_strobe_tweaked (the new one you made).Start the sim and check it out!Let me know how it goes.

Guest bradley27

Thanks ill try that and i also thank matey above for the SHOCKWAVE link, i thought it was only for FSX but now also for FS9!!!!! AWESOME!!!