Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Whatever happened to...

I was just casting my mind back over aircraft that were being developed in the last few years that seem to have fallen off the radar.AirlinerXP - the big one lots of people ask about. Looks like after the big fanfare at its launch it has quietly disappeared with a whimper :(Airsimmer A320 - the other Airbus lots of people keep asking about. We haven't heard much for many months now.Dreamfleet DC-8 - This one I was very much looking forward to but last I heard they decided to make it FSX only. Grrrrrrrr!X-Bleed DC-10 - at least this was one of the various names it went by over the years. Last I saw was many months ago when they opened a new website with some amazing screenshots, and ever since then... nothing!Pilot's L1011 - Started in FS2002, run over the FS9 and then appeared to have died a death. A real shame because the one aircraft I would really like to have for FS9 is a fully featured Tristar!It would be fantastic if any of the above actually saw the light of day and would prove what all of us here already know - FS9 is still a more than viable market for developers!

Guest flightsimulatorpilot

>Airsimmer A320 - the other Airbus lots of people keep asking>about. We haven't heard much for many months now.That's not true at all. The Airbus is still in development, and there are lots of new screenshots/updates if you visit the AirSimmer forum. In fact, they are now providing monthly updates about the status of the project.

I was told recently that Airliner XP is continuing in the same way as the Level D 757 project; ie they're not going to say anything until almost ready for release. I've no idea if what I was told is accurate though (although the person who told me said his info came from 'the top') and do seem to remember Airliner XP saying they were almost ready for release when they first appeared. Who knows?I must admit that I find it irritating when people trumpet a new project as 'to be released soon' (surely the most inappropriately used phrase in FS) and then disappear. Perhaps we need to understand 'soon' in the geological sense ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I think your talking about the DC-10 over at www.xsimulate.net? That project seems to have come to a halt. I've given up any hope of ever seeing the A320 from AirlinerXP. Atleast we have the PMDG MD-11 and some great sceneries for FS9 on the way.

Apologies if that's the case, I haven't been following these things too closely recently, I just keep up to date by reading this and a couple of other forums.I do hope Air Simmer get their Airbus on the vitual flightline, and it lives up to expectations, and of course they make a nice profit so they will be encouraged to continue with more projects!

Yes that's the DC-10. It's a shame if it really has been abandoned. The screenshots looked fantastic and the feature list was impressive.

>I think your talking about the DC-10 over at>www.xsimulate.net? That project seems to have come to a halt.> I've given up any hope of ever seeing the A320 from>AirlinerXP. Atleast we have the PMDG MD-11 and some great>sceneries for FS9 on the way.The MD-11 is the only thing I ever expect to see. You mention new sceneries, which ones? This sounds good :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)