Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

Problem with Eric Marciano's A320 V 2.2 panel

Guest Dominik Mann

Having downloaded his most excellent A320 and A330 panels for a long time before, I immediately downloaded his most recent revisions right after I read about them on this forum. I then installed the A320 V 2.2 panel into my "common panels" directory, to which I aliased all my PA A320s, and went to give it a try. However, whenever I launch a flight with any of my A320s, FS will quit with the send/don't send dialogue.I am, however, absolutely sure I installed all the panel components where they belong - the A320.GAU into the "Gauges" directory, the two DLL files into the "Modules" folder, and the panel files themselves into my common A320 panel folder. I did not forget renaming the PA_panel.cfg file either. I also tried downloading the fixed A320.GAU file from Eric's web site, but it doesn't look as if that helped.In other words, I'm kinda stumped right now - anybody have a clue what else I might try?

Guest Dominik Mann

As I said, I did download that patch, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Guest Dominik Mann

I just took a closer look at the error details when the send/don't send dialogue popped up, and it said something about a "fatal error" related to the file A320.gau. Anybody have an idea how a GAU file might cause this sort of error? :-hmmm

Guest Machdiamonds

Make sure you start with a situation that is not in virtual cockpit mode, but in 2D panel mode.It makes the difference for me, and I have the same problem with Lonny's 757 panel that is listed as a known and unsolved bug.--Machdiamonds

Guest Dominik Mann

Uh - CAN you actually start a flight in virtual cockpit mode? :-hmmm AFAIK, I do not have ANY aircraft which would place me in the VC when launching a flight

>Make sure you start with a situation that is not in virtual >cockpit mode, but in 2D panel mode. >It makes the difference for me, and I have the same problem >with Lonny's 757 panel that is listed as a known and >unsolved bug. I've run into many a/c that will not load properly unless in the 2-D panel view.In fact, I've built two of 'em! :(I don't know what the problem might be, unless it's an issue with gauges not loading in a certain order...

Guest Dominik Mann

But how can I make sure that I'm in 2D panel mode when loading up?

Guest Machdiamonds

Create a flight with another airplane, say the 737.Make sure you are in 2D panel mode.Then go directly to your menu..aircraft.. and change to the airbus.If it loads ok, that will be it.Remain in 2D panel mode and save your situation.Machdiamonds.

Guest Dominik Mann

Didn't work either :-( . You think I should tell Eric about the problem?