Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

AFCAD for FSX and FS9?

Can I use an AFCAD designed for FSX in FS2004? I see the prefix is AFX rather than AF2, or are they completely different protocols?Bill :-doh

>Can I use an AFCAD designed for FSX in FS2004? I see the>prefix is AFX rather than AF2, or are they completely>different protocols?>>Bill :-doh Take a look at this conversion program - it may answer your question better than I can.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=94380Good luck.OOPS - I see you want to go the other way - sorry, I mis-read your post.

Try it and see. The worst that can happen is a CTD. You remove the file, you are back to where you were.Airport Data files can be made many ways besides using the AFCAD2 tool. Perhaps SBuilder is the best FS2004 tools. But otherwise it can be a real pain to code in XML.Airport Facilitator X is one of three design programs for FSX, to take advantage of the extensive advancements in FSX coding.Airport Facilitator X does include a 'save as' option to remove the FSX unique code and leave a bare bones files for use in FS2004.Neither FSXPlanner, or my personal choice, Airport Design Editor, are designed to work with FS2004, since they use Microsoft's BGLComp.exe to maintain strict FSX standards.