Sign in to follow this  
Carob

AI Aircraft Using Specific Runway?

Hello. I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me.Is it possible to have specific AI aircraft using a specific runway at specific airpots? Let's say a Piper Cub is doing TNG's and the airport has two runways and I want the Cub to be using the shorter runway of the two. Is it possible to make this happen?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Guest Col7777

It all depends from which direction the ai aircraft comes from, ie North, South, East or West.you will have noticed more aircraft landing on a particular runway when the other is free, the reason is they are coming from the same direction, unfortunatly the ai is govened by the sim not a human.

If I understand contributor Jim Vile correctly AI use approach fixes/paths defined in the default FS scenery APxxxx.bgl files. I do not think any aircraft type distinction is made. In the case of T&Gs I do not think ai aircraft type for maximum runway length (that is the Piper needing less of a runway ground roll) is a criteria and slower aircraft may or may not share the same runway as larger aircraft.If Jim sees this maybe he can offer something.

Col, if the aircraft is doing TNG's then it is not coming from any direction, right? It is doing them at the same airport it is leaving from. At least that is my intention anyway.

If this is a TNG aircraft taking off from that airport, make sure it's parking spot is near that shorter runway. That might work.There are some runway assignments based on the empty weight settings in the aircraft.cfg file, however they only concern not putting heavy aircraft into short runways.Since most AI flight dynamics have aircraft as heavy as a B747 flying as a lightly loaded B737 (empty_weight = 102170), that capability isn't very useful.There is nothing to keep a light aircraft off the long runway.

>Hello. I was hoping someone might be able to answer a>question for me.>>Is it possible to have specific AI aircraft using a specific>runway at specific airpots? Let's say a Piper Cub is doing>TNG's and the airport has two runways and I want the Cub to be>using the shorter runway of the two. Is it possible to make>this happen?>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.>>Thanks!Yes it is possible. You must evaluate the airport runways. Are the 2 runways parallel to each other or greater then 7.9 degrees true heading difference.ExampleCessna and Cub single engine will use a runway from 2500 to 4000 ft for TNG's meaning any AI plane larger then that will be assigned the longer runway that is not on a TNG FP.Twin Engine planes use a code for 4000 ft runways.Jets use a code for 6500 ft runways. Like Reggie says it all starts with where you park the Cessna or the Cub to begin with. Then the length of runway becomes the next varible that we look at. We also must know if the runways are parallel or are the runways using my crosswind technique. Do you have a particular airport in mind?

Yes, the KMRY scenery from John Loney.The runways are parallel but the cub always uses 28L blocking traffic when it could easily use 28R.

Place some GA parking spots on the NE side of rwy 10L/28R.This will force TNG's for any plane that is a single engine cessna, cub, etc. in size to use the 10L/28R runway for the TNG if they park on that side of the runway. Also set the right hand pattern with AFCAD for 28R and no pattern check for 10L which by default will be left hand. Pattern altitude should be between 1000 and 1500 ft in AFCAD because TNG's do not use the FP altitude if on a VFR TNG type FP but use the runway pattern altitude.

There are actually parking areas on both sides of the airport. As a result the GA planes park wherever they want. I can't control that unless I take some out and I'm not going to do that.I guess I'm stuck.

Guest H_Kev55

No, you aren't stuck.You can assign specific parking spots to specific aircraft thru the cfg file.Also, you can add a 2nd AFCAD. What we call an overlay. Edit this AFCAD to have only the shorter runway and appropriate parking. Then simply program your smaller aircraft to the short runway thus keeping them out of the way of larger aircraft.Kevin JarvisMAIWApacheLogo3.jpg