Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Sangster - Montego Bay Heads Up

If you have not seen it yet, the great team at Mach 1 Design Group has just released their version of the Sangster Airport (MKJS.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=130027I am now torn between using the old version by Bill Melichar, which I have used for several years, and this fine looking rendition.Thanks to everyone at Mach 1.

If it matters Opa, Bill's venerable work is totally outdated compared to the real airport now - I will not hesitate when I get home :)Hope somebody does a newer Manley too, even though work continues on the actual airport.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest Jeffhew

Thanks for the info Opa. It's come to a point that I just download and install anything Mach-1 develops. Their stuff is THAT good. It seems Mach-1 gives us a new gem about once a month or so. I'm gratful we have such talented developers still focused on FS9. I've recently been in sort of a scenery frenzy. I found some really stunning scenery in the library that I had overlooked before, including some with the "Opa" brand. :D There's a lifetime of flights in that library! Best Regards,Jeff

Since I'm dabbling in scenery design myself now, I'll give any new freeware scenery due praise, as I can appreciate how frikkin hard it is to make this stuff :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest gmanroberts

Maybe someone cn help me, when i load up this scenery during daylight hours it crashes after about a minute or two, works just fine at night but in daytime CTD, when i deactivate it, no crash i've check duplicate afcads. I just can't understand why it loads and runs for a minute or 2 and crashes i love a good mystery but i'am tired. any help.Gregg

All of their scenery's work very well for me with no issues.Have you tried e-mailing Jose Gutierrez and seeking his advice?His address is in the documentation.Good luck.

I installed the new Sangster airport in my FS9 but kept Bill Melchiar's old version somewhere safe for comparing them afterwards. However, when looking around in this new version I find it rather "sparse" e.g. void of the tropical atmosphere which Bill's old version had. O.K. there are lots of new baggage carts and the new airport buildings etc. are probably more accurate but there are no coconut trees or other tropical vegetations visable anywhere.So I became a planter and planted tropical palms all around the airport using Seeve Kahn's RWY12 object placement program. Not true to life in any way at all but they certainly re-create Bill's old tropical atmosphere.Maybe a good idea for a future update by Jose Gutierez because if I would post my new .bgl file I feel I would be directly interfering with his good work. Moreover, my trees are placed at random and are nowhere near real life.Hans

Many thanks for the Heads Up, David!I'll definitely load it down tonight.On one of the preview images on the download page it looks as were the AI at the gates floating in the air and as if the a/c shadows are not displayed correctly though.http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...&ImageID=222566Have you experienced this?Cheers, wolfgang

Those look nice Hans, and actually your plantings are probably more realistic than the admittedly sparse M1 original. I did not get a chance to really look around much last time I was there, was too busy doing upgrades for Air Ja. I'm almost sure though that there actually were palms planted about the place as part of general airport reconstruction and renovation :-beerchugregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi Opa:I downloaded and installed this scenery and it looks very nice. I too have Bill's older scenery, but I liked the Mach 1 scenery until......I got the dreaded blurries!!! Everything was fine until I took off in a Saab 340 and got several miles from the airport and then, whammmm, the blurries bounced in!! I tried refreshing scenery several times and the blurries kept jumping back in.I am not sure if this is a scenery texture issue or an aircraft texture issue. I know some of the EZ scenery objects were recently updated by Sidney Schwartz and this eliminated problems for me. Do you think that the textures for the Mach 1 scenery could be the culprit?Thanks for any suggestions!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Bump. Anyone having blurry problems?Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Yup, first time today I actually hung around for a few minutes, airport itself is ok but blurries around it.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark