Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Seats are in the way !!!

I just started flying a lot with the VC panels and just when I adjust them to the right distance that I want, the @%$&* seats come into view and BLOCK parts of the panel. Is there ANYWAY to get rid of the seats? They were "painted" in so there must be someway in PhotoShop to paint them out??? Thanks jerrycwo4

Jerry,This is from my "Tips N Tricks" File.Odd things I have collected over the years but cannot remember the Author(s)******Removeing Objects from VC cockpit *********** If you're up for a little painting, you can remove the yoke from the VC with DXTbmp and MS Paint.DXTbmp is available for free here:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htmRemoving the yoke is as simple as opening the c172_c texture with DXTbmp and sending it to MS Paint to edit the texture by "painting" over the yoke on the bitmap.Paint over the yoke with either black (0,0,0), or pure green (0,255,0), and then exit Paint and save the changes.Back in DXTbmp, you reload the edited texture, create either a black or green Alpha channel (select the same color that was used to paint over the yoke, this color will be rendered as fully transparent when the Alpha channel is created), and then save the texture in either a DXT1 or DXT3 with Alpha format.You will have to repeat this process for all c172_c textures in each texture folder.In the attached JPEG image (from FS9) I have also removed the compass from the glareshield for increased visibility. Douglas

Guest bobmay

Seats in a VC are not painted in Jerry, they are part of the mdl file.You can usually get around the prob you encounter by moving the eyepoint forward 6 inches or so ( 0.50 feet) in the aircraft.cfg file.