Sign in to follow this  
Guest mayhem_guy35

DJC A320 AI Aircraft

Guest mayhem_guy35

Hello everyone,I have a question regarding the DJC A320 model. Firstly a little background of my AI aircraft. Until recently my A320 family has been FSP, due to newer paints and mergers I have swithced to the DJC models. I tested the A319 and A321 since they have less repaints than the A320. It worked fine since I just copied all of fltsim.XX entries from one to another. So I tried the A320 and nothing! I've checked the aircraft.cfg, my aicraft.txt file for AI, and I have ensure the texture file extension were correct. Anyone have any other idea as to how this problem could be solved since I have followed the exact same procedure as I did for the A319 and A321? Thanks,JL

Check to see that the one which is not working is calling for the correct .air file. That line is sim= and must match (without the .air extension) the correct .air file name.There may be other issues but I would check that first.-

Guest mayhem_guy35

Hey Opa,Thank you for your reply, I have checked the sim line for each fltsim.xx entry and they all match the .air file.JL

the DJC Airbusses and the EvolveAI Airbusses are basically the same and the textures will work for either, BUT you will need to rename the texture files. I would check this too.

Peter Schluter

The EVAI model requires the textures to be named something like this:EvolveAI_A320_CFM_t.bmpThe DJC model requires the texture to be names something like this:DJC_A320_CFM_t.bmpThe textures can be used interchangably - however, the texture name must match that model.Understand of course that the above examples are only one aircraft and engine configuration. There are at least 8 different configurations in the A318, A319, A320, A321 series.As far as troubleshooting texture issues.1) No aircraft present at all--- the sim= line does not name the .AIR file--- the model= line does not name the correct model folder--- the model.cfg file inside the model folder does not name the correct model file--- the title= line does not exactly match the aircraft.txt file - watch out for capitalization difference, non-alpha characters and spaces at the end of the title= line.2) Grey, white or other solid color aircraft--- the texture= line does match the texture folder--- the files in the texture folder do not match the file names in the model file

Guest mayhem_guy35

Hey Reggie,Thanks for your help. I've checked all that you have mentioned and everything matches. I decided to change to the DJC model from the FSP model due to the new USAirways East and West repaints. I'll try to just see if those two paints will work. For now though I'll stick with the FSP model, thank you.JL

Guest mayhem_guy35

Hey All,Thanks for all your help, I rewrote all the 53 fltsim entries in the aircraft.cfg and it worked. I think what the problem was is that I left the FSP A320 in the aircraft folder. Because I copied the entries from the FSP A320 to DJC A320 the ui_variation name was the same, so the only thing that came to mind was that because there were to similar ui_variations in the FS aircraft menu, one of them didn't show up. JL