Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

New DirectX Update reported to be a must have

Guest Jeffhew

>Dont't understand the confusion concerning XP.>>The site OneTimSoldier was kind enough to include states as>follows:>>"The latest version of DirectX. This version works with>Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2003/2008. DirectX is essential for the>proper functioning of computer games, movies and various kinds>of software that uses this technology.>>Good luck:>RTHI applied the update from this site yesterday. Took about thirty seconds. There seems to be a slight improvement in texture load times on my system. I can't guarantee it will be an improvement for everyone as any improvement is always subjective but, at the very least, you shouldn't see any degradation in performance. As someone else said, there's no magic star dust that will transform FS so I wouldn't expect huge performance gains. Just my observations.Regards, Jeff

I installed the update, and have had no ill effects. If there is an increase in performance, than it is added into the mix. I had no O.M.G.! experiences, but also...no bad ones either! :)Intel P4 550 3.4 MHzATI 1950 Pro 256 meg4 gigs of RAMCheers!Mitch

Guest belga1

Hi,Used to update DirectX at each new releases.Anyways I NEVER see a improvement in the game (same hardware used along all the DirectX updates)I wonder why thinking about improvements.FS9 was developed with a DirectX version of his time.I don't think so .. problems are still behind (and certainly not actually) so why a new DirectX release will suddenly improve the game?Reason why I update DirectX is new games are generally develloped with the latest version of DirectX and sometime they will not run with a anterior version (some differences in some ****.dll)IMHO.Cheers.

Hi.I grabbed the dx updater from MS,but it keeps failing to install, and asks me to try later. well it's to days later now!does anyone have a Link for OneTimSoldier please.my English google just tells me it's spelt wrongly.Many thanks.

Hi,Simply, click on the link and the explorer will bring you to the site (in any case Mozilla Firefox did it for me ;), the upgrade of DirectDX brings nothing, nothing good, nothing bad)Hugo

Hugo, or anyone else.I get nothing with a search for "OneTimSoldier "in fact Google in both IE8 and Firefox both tell me I have spelt it wrong.if you are able to get it then clould someone Please post a direct link.Thanks.

Still couldn't get it to work with dxwebsetup.exe. Did a bit of searching and stumbled upon this page.Downloaded that dxwebsetup, scanned it, appeared genuine, ran it, updated DirectX just fine. Saving it for future updates...

Mike...

Pardon me if this question sounds lame, but do I want to downgrade my Vista 64 to DX9 if I run DX10?Thanks for claryfing this one for me.Dom

Dom, you won't be "downgrading" anything when you update your DirectX. Microsoft will see to that. Regards, KendallE8500@3.95/4GB/8800GT CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905

Regards, Kendall

Wooooooooooooow :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 This update certainly improved a few things for me...Before latest DX9 update:http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsvault/ima...-lear-meigs.gifAfter DX9 update :-lol http://www.scandinavian-va.net/upload/F100_ESNU2.jpg

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Wow,,, I still have that on my first computer which amazingly still works. Laser 8086 with EGA and an earth shattering 20mb Hd with blazing 10hz turbo speed and of course the ever faithful 5 1/2 floppy.zzzzz aaaa zzzz