Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

New DirectX Update reported to be a must have

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,gamers are reporting about a new Dirextx9 Update (available since November). They are reporting about a major performance boost in games such as warhammer. Today at work I asked my co-worker, who is a computer nerd, about the reports. He confirmed what they reported. He is gaming ego-shooter games and since he installed the new update his games got a major perormance boost -> +15-20FPS, significant shortend loading times and things like this.Unfortunately I do not know anybody who is gaming FS with the new update.1. Is here somebody who installed the new update and what are the results?2. Is it possible that an update can achive such perfomance boosts as the gamers reported?Thanks for infos

HelloIt sounds like another case of the Flight simmers hardy perennial......Wishful thinking itis.This is a serious condition for Flight simmers as there is no known cure. Andy:-)

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest OneTinSoldier

Yeah,I'm certainly not going to say there isn't any gain to be had by the latest DX update without giving it a try. However, I will say that if I had a nickel for every time someone said they found some magic star dust that they sprinkled on FS2004 that suddenly given them a huge performance boost, which invariably turned out to be either completely false or forced you to make a large compromise in some form somewhere else... I'd be pretty wealthy.The best thing that I know of is and always has been to tweak your system to the nines and/or use FSAutoStart by Ken Salter.Of course I will download the latest DX9 update and install it, but holding my breath for a huge performance gain, I will not be.

>Of course I will download the latest DX9 update and install>it, but holding my breath for a huge performance gain, I will>not be.Are you, guys, sure the install won't spoil anything in MFS?I'm not a software guru but since the MFS itself and all addons were installed and set on previous DX drivers, is there no chance to get things mixed up or erroring?Just asking. I'd give it a try too but I'm a bit afraid if it is worth it.Best regards,Rafal

I installed the update yesterday and haven't had any issues. Whether or not the update has done anything with the performance, I cannot tell. But it doesn't hurt to update DirectX9.

Does anyone else have trouble installing the update. It seems dxwebsetup cannot download the actual update. Never had this problem before.

Mike...

Hi,I'm unable to install/download the update as well. I get the installer, but that's it.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest melf12

Seems that link is only for Vista, I have XP Home.Is it possible this DirectX Update is only for Vista?Ken

No, I have it and am using 'XP'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest OneTinSoldier

I don't know why the link would appear to be for Vista only to you, I posted the link in question(obviously) and I don't even own any version of Vista. I only have WinXP Pro 32-bit.

Why doesn't MS not include any kind of version history with these updates?Absolutely no idea what this update contains..

Guest OneTinSoldier

According to this web page... http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/dx9-update.htmlthere may not be a definitive 'changelog' or explanation of the changes, however..."The SDK docs give an overview of the changes in Direct3D for DX9, but the definitive list of changes is given by comparing the header files between the two releases. By doing this you will get an insight into every change between the two releases, not just those deemed important enough to mention on the "What's New" page in the docs."So, apparently you can get an overview of the changes if you download the DirectX SDK. However, I don't know if they release a new SDK every single time they release a new update.

Dont't understand the confusion concerning XP.The site OneTimSoldier was kind enough to include states as follows:"The latest version of DirectX. This version works with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2003/2008. DirectX is essential for the proper functioning of computer games, movies and various kinds of software that uses this technology.Good luck:RTH