Sign in to follow this  
Guest milodog

Before I hang myself....

Guest over and out

Could it be a Vista or Duo core problem

Guest Nimby

Hi,Just saw your topic and had a couple of questions:Does your system hang up when using the default airplanes?Are there any updates to the airplane in question? It's fairly common for the manufacturer to post updates from time to time on their website.Did you install the FS9.1 patch when you did the FS re-install?Nimby

If you installed the v9.1 update over a no-cd patch you probably didn't get a good update. Try changing the date in the sim to mid-summer and see if that helps. If it does, I'd suspect the patch didn't take on the modded .exe.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Try installing a virgin copy of FS9 plus the patch.Rename your current FS9 folder - e.g. FS9 to FS9full. Then install from the CDs to the original location.Try a few flights with default aircraft in default scenery. If you still get the problem then it's not related to your original FS9 install.If you don't get the problem then it's something in your original FS9 install. If it's a recent problem look at what you have installed recently.Did FS just hang or did you get a error message?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just an idea - have you tried to fix the problem by altering the settings of your graphics card? Here is my story:A couple of months ago I had the same or similar issue after upgrading my system.The first few days everything ran fine. Then one day after taking off from KORD default with the DF727 the screen went black, but the sound continued and became distorted after a few seconds. The system did not response to any input any more so I had to shut the computer down by pressing the on/off button.From then on these lock ups happened more and more, apparently only with the DF727 and David Maltby

I'm sure you've read all recommendations. You mentioned that it happens after takeoff and while climbing. Does it happen at a specific point every time, like when you retrieve the landing gear? Does it happen with more than one default aircraft? I'm sure you will find the solution, but please no hanging. Though I understand you're using it as a figure of speech, it is only a matter of time before all is solved. Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Did you install the patch after you had installed sceneries etc? You post sounded like you had forgotten it and retrospectively installed it. It needs to be installed directly following the initial fs9 install ie before anything is added. And it has to be downloaded directly into your fs9 root folder and run from there. George

Guest tadeus

It happened to me and after trying I discovered its all about the settings of the GPU look for the "Anti-Aliasing - Mode = Let the aplication control it" It worked for me, but every machine is different.I hope you can fix these annoying problem.Good luck!!Intel Core 2 Duo E8200GeForce 9600GT2Gb RAM

Yep, Antialiasing was also my first suspect!As I postetd above I had the same/similar problems and changeing Antialiasing from "Supersample Mode" to "Multisample Mode" within nHancer solved the problem.Cheers, Wolfgang

Hi,This is my story: since a few weeks my FS9 froze, sometimes right after start, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after 10, some times I could do a whole flight. In any case I tried all to get rid of this nasty thing: Copying exe and DLL's from an "old" installation, removing scenery, removing AI, checking ini files, renaming FS9.ini (in which case FS9 generates a new one, which BTW helped me to get a few more fps, even after I put back the old parameters, I use a "must have" freeware program "WinMerge" to compare two files side by side and edit the files. This program shows you the differences by colored backgrounds). Nothing helped until I placed yesterday an old CPU fan on the very big but passive heatsink of the GPU. My FS9 is still running now after more than 4 hours AND with an overclocking of the graphics card Nvidia 8600 GS: core bus from 540Mhz to 660 Mhz, memory bus from 400 Mhz to 520 Mhz. Problem solved! I guess it must be a change in the properties of the thermal grease used for transferring the heat from GPU to the heatsink.IMHO check your GPU cooling, is the fan still running at the normal speed?Hope this was of some help,Hugo

Guest B52Drivr

Hugo and all,There is NO substitute for cool air running through a good case on a oc'd puter and graphics card. My system has the following in it and it keeps the unit sooooo cool. highest CPU temps I've ever seen is 59C under full load of FS. That was the highest, normal is 45C and idle is 35C.Alien aluminum case with 2 (two) front 80mm fans.top plate, (top of case) 80mm fan.side cover, (left clear area) 80mm fan.rear cover, 2 (two) 80mm fans. THIS PROVIDES A HUGE EXCHANGE OF AIR THROUGH THE CASE WHEN RUNNING.Inside.ABS 1100 Watt power supply. 2 fans, one intake, one exhause to outside of case.CPU INTEL QX9650 Core 2Quad, OC'd to 3.75 Ghz. -- Large Zalman Coolerand fan.GTS 8800 GPU with on card fan and housing, with additional 100mm fan blowing across the card, intake to exhaust.All this on the ASUS Maximus MB. The 4 Gig of GSkill ram is right in the airflow of the front of the case to take advantage of the small hurricane inside.Best to all,Clay http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest milodog

Thanks for the suggestions...more info....been out of town for a week so did not get to experiment. I do not think cooling is an issue as the CPU is liquid cooled and max temp is usually around 50C.Will take a look at the video cards, probably will not have a chance to do anything until the weekend..will keep you posted.

Guest hma

Hi,Well if you can get to your task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and if you can select FS9.EXE in it's list and stop the task and you get your desktop back, there is nothing wrong with the CPU, it still works. In that case it is most probably the GPU which is running hot. FS9 must be very demanding to the GPU because I had never problems with IL2 etc.Why not replacing the heatsinks of your graphics card with liquid cooling too?Hugo

Guest lgvpilot1

I think we can all sympathise with your situation!Some times You get to thinking it would just be easier to right click on the FS9 folder and select delete:-hah Any way Im having a few "issues" myself at the moment ,so I dug out The various bookmarks I have collected over time And looking through them today I found thishttp://www.simnewz.com/modules.php?name=Fo...viewtopic&t=662As the guy says it may be old news, but when you have checked every thing else ...Good luck Mark