Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry.S

Default Afcads / Replacements

Guest Terry.S

Hi allIf the default afcad is replaced by another then should you rename the default and if so, could you tell me were to find the afcads for any given airport within fs9. I've looked loads but can't find them.The reason for my question is that I have added a freeware airport exactly as stated but just have the feeling that something is not quite right. I.E. the taxi way coloured dotted line does not follow the centre line of the route to the nominated runway and the ai a/c does not follw the centre line on the taxi ways. Not that it's the end of the world but would like to get it right.Many thanksTerry.S

>Hi all>>If the default afcad is replaced by another then should you>rename the default and if so, could you tell me were to find>the afcads for any given airport within fs9. I've looked>loads but can't find them.>>The reason for my question is that I have added a freeware>airport exactly as stated but just have the feeling that>something is not quite right. I.E. the taxi way coloured>dotted line does not follow the centre line of the route to>the nominated runway and the ai a/c does not follw the centre>line on the taxi ways. Not that it's the end of the world but>would like to get it right.>>Many thanks>>Terry.SNo need to worry about replacing a default afcad - it will simply be ignored by FS2004.FYI - I believe the default afcads are stored in files which start with the AP prefix as found - arranged by areas - in your main scenery folder. Each file contains airport data for several airports but there is seldom any reason to be concerned with these files.You may be able to tweak the replacement afcad to your liking by using the free Afcad program by Lee Swordy. It can be found here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...afcd&DLID=46238Hope this helps.

You definitely do not want to disable the default airports.Not only does AFCAD not transfer much of the data from the default AP9xxxxx.bgl file for an airport - but as David mentioned - one AP9xxxxx.bgl file can hold well over 100 airports, even 300 in some cases.There is also data about airports in several other files.The AFCAD program sets certain flags within each AF2 file it creates telling FS to ignore certain sections of the default airport data. That process works very well.Your information about your problem make it pretty clear that the AFCAD does not draw the taxiway textures. That those are done separately by the addon scenery.When developers use that method, then they need to be very careful about adjusting the AFCAD to match the visual scenery. That can be a daunting task at a large airport. But it can be done with a little work and practice.

Guest Terry.S

Point taken Reggie. For a novice like me I will leave well alone for the time being till i get into this a bit more.Thanks again guysTerry.S