Sign in to follow this  
Guest iflyc77

Carenado C152 for FS2004 is out!

John,Thanks for those figures. I tried them and it certainly makes a difference - for the better.Cheers,

Graeme Butler

Hello!Today I could get my hands on newest Carenado's release for FS9, my uncle bought it and I rushed to see this baby. Awesome external model, great VC but also some bugs that make this plane little bit uncomplete. But as it had been proven in past I'm sure that Carenado will quickly fix these problems.List of bugs I found :1. pitot heat switch turns on dome lights in VC 2. no pitot heat switch in 2d panel3. no fuel selector ( C152 has simple one but has it )4. wrong fuel capacity on placecard near place where fuel selector should be ( 37.5 gal ) vs actual in flight model (26 gal.)5. nav/com switch turns on/off also ADF6. no audio selector panel ( needed to ident ADF/VOR station for example )7. turn coordinator has OFF warning even with power on 8. I'm guessing by looking at C152 cockpits photos on airliners.net that fuel gauges should be swapped in place with engine control gauges9. no gauges backlight ? only dome light...10. if Carenado can model such things like moving vents in 3D why magneto switch in VC is flat 2d gauge ?

Guest iflyc77

>Hello!>>Today I could get my hands on newest Carenado's release for>FS9, my uncle bought it and I rushed to see this baby. Awesome>external model, great VC but also some bugs that make this>plane little bit uncomplete. But as it had been proven in>past I'm sure that Carenado will quickly fix these problems.>>List of bugs I found :>>1. pitot heat switch turns on dome lights in VC >2. no pitot heat switch in 2d panel>3. no fuel selector ( C152 has simple one but has it )>4. wrong fuel capacity on placecard near place where fuel>selector should be ( 37.5 gal ) vs actual in flight model (26>gal.)>5. nav/com switch turns on/off also ADF>6. no audio selector panel ( needed to ident ADF/VOR station>for example )>7. turn coordinator has OFF warning even with power on >8. I'm guessing by looking at C152 cockpits photos on>airliners.net that fuel gauges should be swapped in place with>engine control gauges>9. no gauges backlight ? only dome light...>10. if Carenado can model such things like moving vents in 3D>why magneto switch in VC is flat 2d gauge ? >>They made 152s with pitot heat? Huh, out of the dozen or so that I have flown I don't think any of them had PH in it. It does not have a fuel selector, but a fuel valve, on off switch basicly. I don't think the real ones have backlight gauges either.

yes they did.... actually it's rather hard to find C152 without PH unless you live in California ? :) Quick scan of C152 cockpits on a.net and I was unable to find C152 without PH switch. Never the less, pitot heat is enabled in aircraft.cfg and also it should be quite useful in FS where you can get pitot icing without entering visible moisture.fuel valve - I was missing that word ( English is not my native language ) Of course you can't select tanks in C152 , only on/off but there is no fuel valve in Carenado's C152. I'm not sure about backlight, I've flown C152 with backlight, but it was later model, not 1978 model that Carenado made for us , so erase point nr 9 :)

My 1977 C-150M (basically identical panel with the '78 152) had pitot heat, but no backlit gauges. It does appear that the Carenado fuel and engine gauges are swapped when compared with my sources, but they probably modeled a Reims-built bird for European customers, which may have changed the locations from the American version.

John G.

Carenado has been made aware of the pitot switch issue with the FSX bird, (among other small issues), and they say all will be fixed in an update. I assume this would include the FS9 aircraft as well.

Guest iflyc77

Hmm, it does look like the fuel and oil temp/pressure gauges are switched around. =/

Two more bugs:11. The visors don't come down in the external model when clicked from in the VC. They do in the 182 and most other Carenado models.12. The vents don't retract in the external model when clicked from the VC.I emailed Carenado on both but no response. I'm not bothered by that, they probably receive so many emails and I believe English is not the first language of their team members. Bugs aside, the 152 is among my favorites now. If I ever move from Sport Pilot to a GA license (which I am seriously considering) I know a 152 or 172 will probably be my aircraft of choice.Regards,John

Hello !I'm considering purchase of this aircraft but I'd like to know what is the status of fixes to bugs you guys had found. There is no info about update to FS9 C152 on Carenado's site. Thanks for answer ! :)regardsfragi

Hello !I'm considering purchase of this aircraft but I'd like to know what is the status of fixes to bugs you guys had found. There is no info about update to FS9 C152 on Carenado's site. Thanks for answer ! :)regardsfragi
Carenado never replied to my report of the two small issues I found. One negative (perhaps the only negative) I find with Carenado is that they rarely fix model bugs--for instance the 182 RG has missing polys on the wing. I don't know if that's due to English not being their primary language--perhaps they don't understand such reports when they receive them. I reconstructed the 2-d panel to allow a better view and also used Martin Wright's MdlMat to reduce the interior reflection of the glass (which seemed overdone to me compared to my GA flying IRL). Sorry to say I can't post both of my updates due to respect for Carenado's copyright. But in the case of the 2-d panel I just clipped the panel152main.bmp from 1280x960 to the upper right 1024x768, then went into the panel.cfg subtracting 256 pixels from the x value of each entry and made some other small adjustments to place the gauges clipped into their own popup window using the bottom right portion of the original panel bmp. Carenado in the past had offered VFR panels or "landing" view panels, so I made my update in keeping with that option.Regards,John