Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeEDDK

Fe.dll crash with FSDT New York

Guest MikeEDDK

Umberto,thanks for your reply.But - and this is the strange thing - when I switch from Autumn to Summer and keep the same time I have the same AI at the airport (because the AI does not divide between Autumn and Summer). So the question is:If it is a bad AI texture it should give the fe.dll also in Summer but in fact it does not give the error.So there must be something else than a bad AI texture.I would agree with you if I change the time but I did not. I only changed the season.PS: Which tool would you recommend to find out what texture MIGHT give the error?

Guest MikeEDDK

>>>This problem was already discussed on our forum, several>times. Sometimes in the JFK sections, and in other sections as>well, because is nothing related to the scenery, but it's>either a problem of a corrupted AI texture, or a problem with>the user airplane. >>If you look at our forum, one user had the fe.dll crash every>day at 17:30, because the offending AI model had a schedule>that make it appear at JFK at that time only.>>However, even if you weren't able to find the relevant>threads, you should have posted a new message yourself,>because the response time on our forum would have been much>faster, we are not constantly reading all other flight sim>forums.Didn

>>But - and this is the strange thing - when I switch from>Autumn to Summer and keep the same time I have the same AI at>the airport (because the AI does not divide between Autumn and>Summer).That could be explained with the fact that in Autumn dusk come earlier so, the sim is trying to load the night textures for that AI (at dusk/late afternoon both day and night textures are shown) so the problem might be an AI night texture.>If it is a bad AI texture it should give the fe.dll also in>Summer but in fact it does not give the error.If it wasn't a bad AI texture, you would have had the same error even with AI off. Fact the error shows only with AI on, clearly indicates it's a bad AI texture.>PS: Which tool would you recommend to find out what texture MIGHT give >the error?You can try this one:http://aifs.pvdveen.net/Download/ACA2007_Light.ziphttp://aifs.pvdveen.net/aca2007_light_documentation.htm

Guest MikeEDDK

>>>>That could be explained with the fact that in Autumn dusk come>earlier so, the sim is trying to load the night textures for>that AI (at dusk/late afternoon both day and night textures>are shown) so the problem might be an AI night texture.I don

My experience is this: fe.dll errors occur in this situation if you have two copies of the same lightmap file - ie. one in the aircraft folder and one in the main texture folder - and they are in different formats (one DXT3 and one 32-bit)...I have had this happen a couple of times in the past and get around it by being careful to check the texture formats when installing new aircraft...GeoffEDIT: ...and yes, in the autumn/winter etc you are more likely to see the lightmaps being loaded therefore more likely to find the problem...

Guest MikeEDDK

Thanks Geoffco,I will look into this issue.