Sign in to follow this  
Guest Oneworld

Heathrow Extreme VS Aerosoft Heathrow

Guest Oneworld

Just wondering if anyobody wouldnt mind giving their opinions between both scenery, which is better etc etc.Thanks

That's a hard one to answer. They both come from highly respectable teams that produce the highest quality software. It'll probably boil down to personal preference and minor details. I have the Aerosoft one which runs perfectly with complex addons like the PMDG B744. I do know that some people have had OOM issues - though whether that's directly attributable to the scenery or not - I don't know.One user switched to the Extreme Heathrow and immediately lost his previous OOM issues.I have purchased addons from both firms and will happily do so again. The only reason I prefer the Aerosoft one is that it was released much earlier and works perfectly for me. If Gary's had been first, he would've got my money.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I've used the Simwings version up to now and it certainly looks great (and it has AES support).Due to constant OOM errors with my precious PMDG 744 however I have moved over to the UK2000 version and I've got to say I'm REALLY impressed. It looks fantastic, and in my opinion, has things like T5 and the Royal Suite better modelled than Simwings. My frame rates are slightly better (and they were pretty good before), but most importantly my OOM errors have gone - not one problem in several flights all of which would have ended prematurely before. Overall I'm a very happy camper now - just waiting for the promised AES support which is due soon and it will then be perfect !!Jonny

The Aerosoft OOM problem was solved some months ago with a patch. You should see the Aerosoft forum for that.I think UK2000 has done things like T5 better as T5 wasn't open when Aerosoft released their scenery so I assume Gary got better photography for his.But look, both these companies are designers I look up to & respect immensely. I am dabbling in freeware myself using their techniques, and have a full appreciation for the work that goes into beautifully crafted scenery like this.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

You can try the UK2000 version before buying. PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

>The Aerosoft OOM problem was solved some months ago with a>patch. Not really, Max. At least not for everybody.I'm the guy who swtiched from SimWings to UK2000, getting rid of OOMs.I've had OOMs at Mega Airport Heathrow all the time with all possible patches and tweaks.Especially with PMDG 747-400, but not only.Right after I switched I can say I've had NO case of OOM until today.But apart from that, I find both sceneries excellent and comparable. Maybe I like Xtreme a bit more for excellent animations also outside of the airport fences. Gary is a details lover, which I enjoy.Gavin is much right caling the old rule: 'the earlier, the better'.Gary surely has now some selling problems since the Aerosoft version was first.But if you don't have any of them and plan one and you don't want the OOM problems, try UK2000.Especially that, as mentioned above, there is a very useful trial version.Make one flight with your favourite addon to the trial version and see if you like it.Best regards,Rafal

I tried the patch but still got those OOM problems every time. That's not to say that Aerosoft's scenery isn'y great too, it's just nice to have an alternative which I believe is as good and maybe a little better with no OOM issues for my pc.Jonny

I own the simwings version and I agree that both developers are very good, at what they do. and it is indeed a work of art, and making fs sceneries is not in easy thing to do. I have not tried the uk2000 scenery since it doesn't make sense to me to buy 2 versions of the same scenery. unless I had major problems with one of them or it was outdated. I will definitely buy some uk2000 sceneries in the future like manchester.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi thereJust bought the Gary's Heathrow Xtreme a few days ago and am very impressed. I had his previous UK2000 version, but this one is miles and miles ahead.The one thing I must say is Gary's screenshots do not do it justice. In the game on my computer (2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo/2GB ram/Nvidia 8600GT/Windows XP) it runs beautifully. Even with all may AI turned up to 100% (I have all the PAI stuff except for major airlines where I used some other models such as AI aardvark) and everything "to the max" in FS9, with the PMDG 747-400, I get easily 25-30FPS (my system is locked at 30 FPS). Without PMDG, I don't see it drop below 30 once.I must say, I am glad Gary has a trial version, as I know his screenshots don't really do it justice, as I have said - but once I tried it and compared what it looked like to the Aerosoft version, it looks just as good if you ask me. There are a lot of good features with Gary's scenery, you can change the speed at which the cars drive around to suit the FPS your system gives, so they are not seen to "jump" around the place; there is an AFCAD with approx. half the AI parking of the real Heathrow, in case you are in need of frame savings; static aircraft (should you want them); and - as another poster mentioned the detail and cars driving along the perimeter fence (I can even see a Volvo the same as mine driving along there!) are quite good. Even the crashed British Airways 777 is sitting in its enclosure.Obviously, having not tried the Aerosoft or seen it action, I can't compare. So I've just given you what I've found with the Heathrow Xtreme. The frame friendliness amazes me, it is much better than the previous version.Download the trial and give it a go? I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed me.CheersRudy

Guest Oneworld

HiThanks for all your comments, I have to say that the UK2000 looks stunning, but I already have the Aerosoft and they say there are going to update it by spring 09.However I am dissapointed with Aerosoft night lighting, I prefer UK2000 night lighting, it looks more realistic.If I have to install the the trial version, I would need to unistall Sim Wings, and then if I re install, I dont want to get any crashes, as everything is working peferectly in FS.Does UK2000 scenery feature the Hotels along Bath Rd like the Holiday INN, Park INN and Euro car and hertz rental like Sim Wings?Thanks

Guest melf12

No contest, in my opinion it has to be Aerosoft :)Ken

>No contest, in my opinion it has to be Aerosoft :)>>KenI strongly disagree - in a friendly and civilised way. There is a very tight contest between two excellent products. :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)