Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

AI Lights too bright - how to dimm? (Pictures)

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,my pictures says it all. My AI Traffic lights are too bright and they are also too triangle-like.Is there any solution to dimm the AI Lights? When beeing far away from the airport, during approach, I already can see all the too bright lights and this is looking horrific.Would be great if someone got a solution for the bright lightshttp://s2.imgimg.de/uploads/17ae0a1bdjpg.jpg http://s2.imgimg.de/uploads/2262306bajpg.jpg

AVSIM SearchKeywords: ai light too bright

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

That file is spotlight.bmp which is located in the main texture folder.There are several good replacements in the library with more realistic levels - for FS9 and FSX. For FS9 take a look into Real Environment Professional by Tim Fuchs - has a bunch of good environmental textures in it.Cheers,Ian

Indeed, just be aware that because the one spotlight.bmp file serves all aircraft (ramp light splashes too I think), it can look fine on one model but cause landing/taxi light splashes to totally disappear on others. May not affect you depending on which aircraft you have and which replacement file you use. I ended up back at the default one because my LDS763 was affected.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,I juste noticed that this happens only during foggy weather. Any ideas? Do you have the same problem during foggy weather?

Not sure, very possible though, been a long time since I was flying someplace at night in low visibility. And I usually stay in the vc view anyway so probably would not notice. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi Steffen,I had exactly the same problem, well it's not a problem but it looks bad. Just as you say it doesn't occur in clear weather. I'm running REP mentioned earlier, it took care of it. The taxi and landing lights look a lot better now.Happy landings