Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

New culprit crashing FS9 - Asus Mainboard Utilities

Asus PC Probe or Asus Bios Update Utility. It installs something that was crashing my FS9, no matter what. I finally found it today, and carshes stopped. Uninstalling it, and all that comes along with it solved the problem. Maybe it helps someone else.

Word Not Allowed, I also have Asus. Could you name exactly that something that made trouble? I'll check if I also have it.Thanks in advace!By the way I have another BIOS-related problem, I guess.Every morning I have to launch my system twice or three times to make it work fine.Otherwise (started only once), it will freeze after a few minutes or Windows will even not load at all (black screen).Someone suggested I must wait for a new BIOS to take proper care of my processor/card.I wonder if anyone has encountered such a problem.Best regards,RafalFS9.1Windows XP home PL SP3Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz2GB RAMNvidia GeForce 8800GT 32MBAsus 5PKC motherboardRealPower M520 coolerBIOS 1105

I am sorry, I can't name it any more, but I know it was in folder in the main ASUS folder. I decided to uninstall everything from ASUS, and delete the folder, do a registry sweep for ASUS, delete keys that might be relevant, and check RUN entries. Cleaned all, not a problem since.And I had installed:ASUS PC ProbeASUS AI SuiteASUS UpdatePC Probe, don't need it really, have other programs for monitoring.AI Suite - utterly useless.Update - you can update your BIOS in BIOS directly anyway. Or I can install it when I need it.

Guest Jeffhew

I've never experienced any issues with the ASUS utilities on my system. I used AI suite initially but, that just inspired me to learn how to overclock the right way. I don't have anything to update to with ASUS update so, I don't use that either. Pc Probe works great though.Regards,Jeff

That's good to know also. I only know that I had various unexplained crashes, which happened sometimes beginning of the flight, when taxiing, before landing etc, and each time I would press alt+tab, and would see in the manager an window with the name ASUS something... And it turned out to be one of the ASUS utilities, which I then decided to remove all, because I simply don't need them all the time.

I'm having the same type of problems with my new MSI x48 Platinum. Crackling sound, freezing of windows and programs, unloading of superfetch, etc.Everything I've read points to a bad main board. I though it was my ram timings at first.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply