Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigdbronco

crashing into buildings when there is no building to crash into...

Guest bigdbronco

Can somebody please help me out? I think I have seen something before but cant find it in the search, but at the Singapore airport there are two locations on the taxiways where you crash into a building when there are no buidings with in hundreds of feet. One is on the west side by the cargo area, and the other is on the south east side. Really annoying and unfulfilling way to end a very long flight!!Is there a way to fix this?Thanks!

Have you tried turning off "crash detect" in your realism settings?What you experiencing is most likely scenery creation issue which probably cannot be corrected except by the author.Hope that helps.

Guest bigdbronco

yes, crashes are off. and its the default fs2004 scenery. I am running fspassengers which seems to override crashes turned off for some reason too.

In order tp try to duplicate your problem it would be helpful to know the ICAO code for the Singapore airport in question.I see 5 airports under Singapore so do not know which one you are referring to.

Guest bigdbronco

David,Thanks. It is WSSS. I think I may have fixed it...or so I hope. I tried downloading a newer afcad and the problem seemed to go away, at least on one taxiway so far. Could afcads create invisible building problems?

>David,>Thanks. It is WSSS. I think I may have fixed it...or so I>hope. I tried downloading a newer afcad and the problem>seemed to go away, at least on one taxiway so far. Could>afcads create invisible building problems?I have never known that to happen but I suppose anything is "possible".In the morning I will see if I can duplicate the problem on my setup.What do you have you Scenery Compexity slider set at? At many airports some buildings do not display until the setting is at Dense or higher.

Guest bigdbronco

I believe the complexity is set to dense. This happens on a taxiway EP between E5 and Taxiway B3 on the south east side of the airport and somewhere around taxiway NC3 on the Northwest side near the cargo area. (hopefully the taxiways are the same on your afcad!!)Thanks a lot for checking!Kevin.

>I believe the complexity is set to dense. This happens on a>taxiway EP between E5 and Taxiway B3 on the south east side of>the airport and somewhere around taxiway NC3 on the Northwest>side near the cargo area. (hopefully the taxiways are the>same on your afcad!!)>>Thanks a lot for checking!>Kevin.No luck - I taxied all over the airport - with detect crashes turned on - and never had any problem at all.This is in the default FS2004 environment with no additions for this part of the world installed.Are you positive you do not have another afcad working for this airport? Duplicate afcads can cause strange behavior.And does this happen with all aircraft or only a specific one?

Are you really sure, that you get a building crash with "crash dedect = off" ??!!cheers, wolfgang

I think I remember seeing something about this on the FSPassengers website and how to fix it. Check there.

Yes definitely check the FSPassengers help forums - this issue is mentioned several times and if you look closely I believe a possible workaround is suggested.